Pregnant

another step daughter and mother

Emily's POV:

Me and John were in our bathroom, John was sat on the bathroom counter as I sat on the toilet with my leg bouncing nervously as we waited for the test result. I've been feeling really sick for a few weeks, I didn't have a temperature or feel ill so there was only one more reasonable answer. 

Me and John had always discussed about having a kid together but I kinda pushed the idea away for a while because I was always worried about how Y/n would react. Even though Y/n may not be my biological daughter she's always been like a daughter to me. And I can't imagine how you would take the news that you're dad and step-mother have decided to have a baby. I didn't want Y/n to feel left out or alone. I mean I might not even be preg-

"Em? 3 minutes is up." John pulled me out of my thoughts as I got up and took the test into my hands. 

"It's positive." I smile.

"Are you serious?" I nod again tears welling up in my eyes as he brings me into a hug."I love you." he kisses my forehead.

"I love you too." I smile resting my forehead on his. "Shall we tell Y/n or wait."

"We'll wait a few weeks until our first appointment and then we'll tell her. But she'll be the first to know."

8 weeks later

Emily and John had their first appointment today, Emily was barely showing so Y/n didn't suspect anything. But today was also their first ultrasound so that's how they decided to tell you. 

After the scan, telling them everything was fine and the baby was perfectly healthy. Emily and John went to do the weekly food shopping and then made their way back home. 

"Hey sweetie we're back." John calls out as he and Emily walk through the front door.

"Hi Dad. Hi Em. I wasn't sure when you were getting back and it was getting late so I've ordered us all some pizzas. Em I've ordered you a margherita pizza I know that's your favourite."

"Thanks hun. Oh by the way we got something for you whilst we're shopping." Emily and John sat on the coffee table facing you sat on the sofa. As Emily reached into her bag pulling the ultrasound scan out passing it to you face down. 

You turned it over as your eyes widened. "Is this a joke?"

"No it's all real."

"You're pregnant?" you looked up at Emily with tears in your eyes.

"Yeah I am." Emily nods happily. "Are you happy?"

"Happy? I'm, bloody thrilled! I'm going to have a little sibling?" you sniffled as Emily nodded once more before you bought her into hug crying into her shoulder.

"Im so glad you're excited. I got worried you'd react badly."

"I would never. You're like a mother to be so whatever gender this baby will be it will be may sister or brother."

"I love you kiddo." John bought you into a hug.

"I love you more Dad."

A while later everyone was sat on the sofa watching TV eating their pizzas whilst you kept glancing at the scan. "Em?" you rested your head on her shoulder.

"Yeah hun?"

"Do you have a frame for this?"