Newborn

from a lovely request from Emone_05

^^^reader is a baby and just a day in life of john and Emily taking care of the baby reader

Emily had given birth to her and John's first child, their beautiful baby Y/n and it seemed like only yesterday Emily was going into labour and being rushed into hospital. It was hard for them to think that Y/n was now a couple months old. Still even though time seemed to go quickly, this was their first child so everything was new to them so the days seemed to last forever, that was way it was so unbelievable to them that Y/n was a couple months old already. 

Emily was woken up by Y/n crying loudly, groaning into her pillow nudging John awake but there was no use he was deep in his sleep. "I'm coming baby, Mummy's coming." Emily walked into the room next to their bedroom picking Y/n up carefully, patting her back as she rocked her side to side shushing her and trying to lull her back to sleep. "Shuuuushhhh, I'm here, it's okay, Mummy's here, go back to sleep." But it was no use she kept crying.

"Do you want me to sing you your favourite song? Yeah? Okay baby!" Emily slightly lifted Y/n up to reposition her as Emily sat on the rocking chair, giving Y/n some skin to skin contact as she rocked back and forth in the chair beginning to sing softly and quietly. "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy. When skies are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. So please don't take my sunshine away." At the end Y/n had calmed down but still wasn't asleep so Emily softly spoke to Y/n about what her plan was the next day until y/n eventually fell asleep in her arms. Emily carefully placed her back down in her cot before tip-toeing back into her and John's room. 

"Is she okay?" John mumbled half asleep, startling Emily as she got back into bed. 

"Yeah she's fine, as always song got her to sleep."

"She doesn't sleep when I sing to her, you're seriously a supermum babe. I love you. Get some rest, I love you."

"I love you more." Emily only had to close her eyes again until sleep took over her body again.

The next morning John got up earlish to make breakfast for Emily as she had been up most the night trying to settle Y/n as she didn't wake up wanting at least one of them to get some proper rest. "Morning love." John smiled as Emily walked down with Y/n in her arms, holding her close. 

"Morning." She walked over to stand at John's side as he placed a kiss to the side of her head before going back to cook the pancakes as Emily watched every now and then placing her face closer to Y/'s head. "I will never get enough of this baby smell." Emily breathed in as John chuckled before leaning closer to his daughter in Emily's arms smelling her little hairs taking in the fresh baby smell, staying in position where his arms wrapped round his wife's arms with the radio playing quietly in the background as the two began swaying to the upbeat music. Emily gently took Y/n's small hand and she did a little dance still with her in her arms then turning Y/n so she could se John as he danced infront of her bringing a smile to her face, making Emily's heart melt.

Later that morning in the early afternoon seeing as it was a lovely day the two decided to take Y/n out in her pram to the park. They took the blanket out placing it on the grass as they sat down getting the food they packed earlier out as they placed Y/n's pram next to John as Y/n sat on his lap so she could see the world go by. 

Just then a few shouts of a name came across from the grass part where Emily and John were sat before a dog ran over making Emily and John laugh especially when Y/n let out an adorable laugh as the dog came up to her sniffing her face then giving her a small lick. The owner came over and put the dog on the lead, repeatedly apologising. "No, no, no don't worry it's absolutely fine, he didn't harm her in any way." John reassured the owner as Emily fussed over the dog then going to Y/n and pointing at the dog excitedly before the owner thanked them before walking off with the dog. 

"Who was that baby? Was that a doggie?" Emily spoke excitedly with a wide smile on her face before she heard camera shutters making her face drop. "John turn around there's cameras over there." Emily glanced slightly over to where there were three or four photographers trying to get pictures of them especially Y/n. 

"You wanna go?" John looked at his wife sympathetically as she nodded taking Y/n into her arms placing her in her pram, covering her from the cameras at all times before putting the cover over the pram when she was properly strapped in. By then John had packed up the picnic stuff as he took Emily's hand as she pushed the pram out of the park walking back home.

To forget the whole thing at the park Emily and John, after dinner, put a movie on just for them two as they put Y/n down a while ago. Thankfully they were able to get through the movie without Y/n waking up it was almost like she was waiting as she began crying at the end f the movie John went up to get her as Emily stretched out on the sofa, John ending up sitting on the floor with Y/n bouncing her p and down, balancing her on his knees trying to stop her from crying. And surprisingly whilst all of this was happening Emily fell asleep on the sofa. 

"I know you don't like it when I sing baby." John chuckled. "But I know what we can do to make you feel better do you want to watch In The Night Garden, you wanna watch Makka Pakka?" John reached over for the remote, going onto recordings having downloaded all the 'In The Night Garden' episodes for Y/n. He turned her round on his lap facing her to the TV as she watched Iggle Piggle come onto the screen on his boat with his red blanket instantly bringing a smile to Y/n's face making John's heart melt. "You're smile is adorable, you're gonna cause so many people to fall in love with you my darling. I'm going to have to protect you from so many people but that's my job, because I'm your Dad and me and your Mum will be here for you no matter what."

Emily woke up half way through of watching four episodes of 'In The Night Garden' watching two more with y/n and John before getting two tired and going up to her own bed. Y/n and John stayed down for about another four episodes until Y/n got tired and eventually fell asleep in John's arms as he carried her to her room placing her carefully in her cot getting into his own bed next to Emily, sleep quickly taking over him.

It must have been early in the morning or midnight when Y/n's cries sounded through the house, waking both Emily and John none of them instantly getting out of bed. "I know she's our daughter and I love her more than life itself, but I'm not moving once inch away from this bed tonight, especially after last night, you've got the milk in the fridge you can do the late night feeds tonight." Emily grumbled into her pillow as John eventually got out of bed going downstairs to get a bottle of milk, heating up to the right temperature then going back into Y/n's room feeding her, settling her and getting back to sleep before he was able to do the same. 

Soon they would would have to repeat this process and do it again, and again and repeat it thousands of times. But they didn't care one bit. As long as they had Y/n in their lives, they couldn't care less about the late night, the early wake up calls. They just wanted Y/n and only Y/n. She completed their lives. She was their missing piece in their jigsaw puzzle. 

rosie (my name) speaks

OH MY GOD 

as i wrote the last part the song

Wherever you will go came on

what is my Spotify trying to do to me?!!!