Baking

requested by evilregalregina06
Mother and daughter bake cookies

"Y/n come on pause the TV you've got to bake those cookie for the charity event at school tomorrow." You groaned into the pillow on the sofa. "Come on bub I'll help you." You got up heading to the kitchen with the ingredients already laid out.

"Right okay first you need to put the butter and sugar together until it's light snd fluffy." Emily read out the recipe as you placed the two ingredients in the bowl getting the electric whisk accidentally putting the highest setting on which meant as soon as you placed the whisk in the bowl it flicked butter onto your face, not a lot only specks but still. Emily silently chuckled at you covering her mouth.

"I was about to warn you not put it on the highest setting."

"Bit too late for that now Mum." you sighed with your eyes still closed as Emily came up to up with kitchen roll licking it slightly then wiping your face to get the butter off. 

"Not even 5 minutes in and you've made a mess of the kitchen." she chuckled still wiping your face.

"It's not that bad!" you defended yourself as Emily pulled away letting the both of you get back to baking. 

"Now you need to add an egg and vanilla extract." you did as you were told surprisingly not making a mess considering you'd have to crack an egg, you had got any shell in, Emily did have to pick bits out but it wasn't as bad as usual. "Right now you need to fold in the flour." Emily passed you the already measured out flour as you dunked it in the bowl and started stirring it.

"Hun no. It's like you've never baked before."| she giggled standing behind you placing one hand on top of yours that was holding the big spoon. "You've got to fold it." Emily directed your hand with hers then letting you get on with it whilst tidying the used bowls up by just putting them in the sink. "Then you've got to add the bicarb soda, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and then your favourite part the chocolate chips." she shook the bags of chocolate chips infront of you and you mixed in the ret of the ingredients before putting the chips in. 

Emily helped you dish them out in scoops onto the baking tray before putting them in the oven setting the timer for 11-12 minutes. She took the bowl then two big spoons from the drawer as she sat on the kitchen counter next to you as you both went straight into the next part which was eat the excess mixture.

"So who's doing the stall with you?" Emily licked the spoon.

"Daisy, Katie and Hallie."

"i've not met Katie or Hallie have I?"

"No they're cousins their new. They joined a few weeks ago, they're really nice I might invite them over after the charity event."

"Yeah that's fine, as long as their parents are okay with it. Is Daisy alright then?"

"Yeah she's good she'll definitely come over after the event." you chuckled. "She said she feels like she hasn't seen you in for ages."

"Awwww me too. I miss her she's a good friend, and a lovely guest." Emily looped her finger round the bowl rounding up extra mixture and then licking off her finger, you did the same. "Are parents allowed to go this thing then?"

"Yeah I presume so? How come?"

"I might go and support you, your Dad wants to go aswell."

"You know there's going to be members of the public there? It's not just school. Are you sure you're alright with the possibility of being ambushed by fans?"

"Well if i do I'll politely decline them for a photo as I'll tell them I'm here for my daughter and only her ands then can wait to take a photo with me afterwards."

"Thanks mum." you smiled.

"No problem bub. Here I'm gonna go wash up and wait for them to bake you can have my spoon to finish off the mixture just make sure you put it in the dishwasher afterwards."

"I will."