SYNOPSIS

Caroline Forbes.

17-year-old vampire, former cheer captain, neurotic control freak and current headmistress of the Salvatore Boarding school for the young and gifted.

She has been through a lot in her immortal life and that is saying something. She was turned against will but thrived as a vampire.

She and her friends fought against a multitude of enemies. Each one worse than the other. They fought the devil. So yeah, quite the journey.

Along the way many things changed. They met new people - some friends, some foes. Some friends turned foes and vice versa. This is not a fairytale. Lives were lost.

Love, loss, joy, despair, happiness, and fear. These are only a small selection of emotions that they all experienced.

On Remembrance Day, in the far future, Caroline is reflecting on her long life. She misses all those she has lost. She is joined by a friend who shares her sorrows, and they have a heart-to-heart with a few jokes thrown in the mix. All goes well in Mystic Falls and the night comes to an end.

Well, it wouldn't be Mystic Falls if there was nothing mystical happening. *pun intended*

Caroline wakes up the next day as usual bright and early. But something is different. Drastically different. She is not in her bed - no, correction - she is in her bed and in her bedroom but in the one from her teenage years. She had ditched the pink and frilly décor long ago. So, color her surprised at the radical change off scenery. Familiar but simultaneously foreign.

What would you do if you go blissfully to bed and when you wake up you are back to freshmen year. You know what the future holds, and you have two years before everything starts. What would you do? Would you make the same choices? Follow the same path? Or not?

Let's follow Caroline and see how she is going to handle this situation...