Chapter 9

CAROLINE POV:

To say that Bonnie lost her shit that day at the witch house, was putting it mildly.

I mean, even back in the previous time line, every time someone kept something from her only to have it blown up in her face later on she would tear them a new one. Luckily, we are currently at a point in her life that this has not happened as frequently. Therefore, I was spared – somewhat.

In conclusion, Bonnie knows that I know but not what I can do. The whole witch house thing was a lot to deal with and she was already freaking out, so I did not dare tell her everything until her mind settled. I encouraged her to keep up her routine for the next while, which I think helped her calm down. That is until the weekend, when I elaborated and told her about me. Of course, I excluded the whole time traveling stuff. I really don't want to tell anyone else about that issue.

In retrospective, maybe I should not have told Sheila about that particular fact but well, I was freaking the hell out and just discovered that I could do magic so I think that I can get a pass on that.

Thank the stars that Bonnie did not take that info badly. I was dripping in cold sweat whilst trying to tell her. My nervousness must have been very apparent because Bonnie hugged me and tried to calm me down as soon as I started to ramble on and on, in usual fashion.

Anyway, all's well that ends well.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

Summer break started a few days ago and I have spent most of my time buried in grimoires that Enzo keeps sending over along with postcards and some random knick-knacks. The other day he sent me a troll figurine from Norway with a lovely note saying that he found my twin and before that it was a pair of Dutch clogs that he had 'mistakenly taken from my collection' and was only returning it to the right owner. The clogs were, naturally, not simply made of wood or even some traditional décor but instead they were bright neon pink to enhance a very clear statement written in beautiful cursive lettering:

"BARBIE RULES!"

There may have been some very colorful threatening voice mails left on Enzo's phone each time I received such a thoughtful gift. Apparently, the jet lag is very hard on him so he is always in dire need of rest and cannot take my calls. For 4 consecutive months. The brat!

He better never go back to Mystic Falls because I do not forgive and forget. Revenge is best served cold and I had the best teachers.

After the second week of summer break our wonderful Cinnabon decides to intervene and extract me from my overflowing room full of magical artifacts and grimoires, saying something in the lines of: "Get your ass out of here or I will make you."

Bonnie did use much nicer language though.

After that scene, we spent much more time together and naturally grew closer. Bonnie also tried to get the trio back together, but I vehemently refused. I can forgive but I cannot forget, and I remember everything from 'Before' and how much Elena contributed to the many things that went wrong due to her whims.

Suffice it to say, I want to give her a wide berth this time around. Thankfully Bonnie did not insist too much and respected my decision, which did not mean that Elena felt the same. She had been on my case since Bonnie lured me out of my deep dive into magic. At first, I was trying to be nice and all, considering that she is different at this age but – boy oh boy – she is stubborn as a mule and cannot take a hint. It got so bad that Bonnie had to interfere, or I would have set her famous brown locks on fire.

I just started treating her like air afterwards. That was the only thing that seemed to do the trick. Only after that did she give in a little, but not by much.