Chapter 5

Trigger Warning: graphic descriptions and slight violence ahead

CAROLINE POV:

He is there, on the freaking table all cut open. It's disgusting, I can see everything in there even from a distance.

Alright, I have no choice. Let's hope that all the training actually worked.

I take a deep breath and grab the baton. I stretch my hand to grab the knob, turn it and slam the door open. The one nearest to the door comes at me but I grab bis arm, turn around and flip him over my shoulder. As he lays flat on the floor, another one approaches me from the back. With the baton in my hand I parry his attack and also let a bit loose. It looks like I grew in strength as he starts spitting out blood by the third hit. Go me!

Of course the others do not stand idly by and start approaching us. I can see that one of them seems to have a sedative ready. Just looking at it gives me the creeps. It has a long ass needle. I freaking hate them!

I give out a last hit with a lot of strength and the blood stained guy falls down unconcious. Only two people left, I think I will try my luck and use a bit of my magical juice to make them pass out.

"Ad somnum!", I yell and all the doctors crumple to the floor.

Now that is done.I run to the table and unstrap Enzo. I open my backpack and grab a blood bag.

"Here. Drink this." I press it into his hand.

"Who are you? What is happening?", he looks at me dazedly but with each gulp of blood he seems to center himself more.

"Right now. I am your best friend and getting you out of this hellhole. Interested?"

"Oh God! Thank you. Thank you."

"Alright, I get it. Unfortunately, we do not have time for idle chit chat. Let's get going, while we still can."

As we pass by the lab with the doctors I point at them and tell him, "if you need more blood, go ahead." 

He does not have to be asked twice. Without hesitation he annihilates his tormentors. The whole lab turns into a bloodbath. He was not gentle in any way, shape or form.

As we exit the basement and make our way down the opposite hallway of where I entered form, I say one last spell for the night. 

"Incendia." The whole building catches on fire, starting from the basement and making its way up. What a beautiful sight.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

We make our exit and walk across campus to my car undetected. I put him in the backseat next to the cooler and make my way to the drivers seat. As I start the car in direction of Mystic Falls I tell him, "hey, if you're still in need of blood, you can grab some from the cooler next to you. Currently it is all I have, but I hope that it is enough for now."

"Thank you very much." He opens the cooler and grabs a bag. 

"Why did you come for me? How did you know?"

"Well, that is a long story. I can tell you all about it later when you've rested and regained some vitality. You look really bad right now."

"Thanks gorgeous. That is just what a man wants to hear." I slightly laugh at his joke but I can see the pain in his eyes from the torture he had to go through.

"My name is Caroline Forbes, by the way and I am a witch." I forgot to introduce myself earlier.

"Lorenzo St. John. But you can call me 'Enzo'. Thank you from taking me out of there."