Chapter 6

CAROLINE POV:

"Listen. The future is not set in stone. Simply telling you all this is already a major change. Not to mention, breaking you out of Whitmore years before you would do it yourself. Right now, you are not only free from captivity but you also have the freedom to change your future." I try to reassure, as Damon seems to be quite the touchy subject. Looks like Maggie and her death shouldn't be mentioned for now, unless I want a raging vampire in my home.

He breathes deeply and takes a few minutes to calm down.

"My apologies. I should not have yelled at you like that. It was uncalled for."

"Thank you but there is no need to worry. I understand that he is a sore subject. We can talk about that part of your life at a later date, when you are more settled." He slightly nods in acknowledgement.

"You said that you have vast knowledge about not only the past but also the future. I am sure that you are aware of how hard it is for me to believe you. I have spent most of my life in a cell, so my supernatural knowledge is very limited. Could you tell me something, anything that can prove it?"

"Of course. I thought that you would never ask." There are quite a few things that I could tell him but it has to be something that only he knows and no one else. "You were born in London as an orphan and lived in very poor conditions. When you were older, you decided to try your luck in America. You got on a ship but unfortunately caught consumption. Shortly before arriving, you were on the verge of dying but were given vampire blood. You died and turned. The one that turned you was Lilly." I do not want to say any more than that, especially about Lilly. That is an altogether different can of worms, not to be opened yet. It seems that this did the trick as he tensed up immediately when I mentioned her. Good, I now I not only got his attention but also his interest, "do you believe me now?"

"Y-Yes." He slightly stutters.

"Very well then, let's move on. As I said before many bad things are going to happen, so I need you to be on my side and help me save as many people as possible. Quite a few dangerous factors will waltz into town. One of them is going to be the Mikaelsons. They are the Original family. Over a thousand years ago a witch cast a spell on her children which turned them into vampires. They are the Original vampires. They are the reason why vampires like you can even exist. We have to keep all of the siblings alive."

"Why is that?"

"Simply put: if they die so will every single vampire walking on this earth. Every vampire that they turned is linked to them by blood. If one falls, so will everyone belonging to the line. Just like domino pieces. Though they are problematic personality wise, they are not too bad. The biggest problem is their mother. She is the Original witch that cast the spell and when she awakens, she will make it her mission to kill all of her children. I for one do not have a problem with vampires and I am against global genocide, which means, I have to help them."

"I do prefer being alive as well. Count me in!" I am so glad that he agreed willingly. I guess looming death is a great argument to pull him to my side.

We keep talking for another hour about technology, culture and everything that has changed in the last half decade. There is still much left unspoken but my mother will be arriving within the hour and he still needs to make living arrangements.

"We can meet up at another time to continue this conversation. Right now, you should go out and compel yourself a place to stay. I can recommend Mrs. Fishers place down the block. She is a lovely person and lives alone since her husbands passing last year. She also makes the best red velvet cake you will ever eat in the entirety of the universe. If you ask very kindly and come up with a good story, maybe you won't even need to compel her."