Chapter 8

CAROLINE POV:

The month after spring break I spent upping my training and preparing for Enzo's big adventure. When I told him about the next step in my plan, he immediately agreed.

Since his escape from Whitmore, I put him through crash course especially constructed for him. I had to teach him about modern technology, politics, history, and all other advancements that happened throughout his incarceration. Luckily, he sucked up all the knowledge like a sponge, so we proceeded faster than expected. He quickly learned how to drive a car, get (compel) money from the bank and dress appropriately for the time.

Now he is ready to explore this new world.

I already got all the tickets and accommodations ready for his trip. Enzo is currently acting like a child with ADHD on a sugar rush. He already packed and repacked everything around 10 times. Checking and rechecking that he has all he needs another 20 times. I am happy that he is excited and ready to explore but what a headache!

The time has come, and Enzo is finally satisfied with the packing. Thank God! I never thought there could be someone worse than me but hey, I was not surrounded by the same 4 walls for 50 plus years. I will give him a pass... this time.

Anyway, since I cannot accompany him to the airport, I go over to Mrs. Fisher's place to say goodbye. When I approach the driveway, I can see Enzo putting his luggage in the trunk of the car.

"Hey Enzo!"

He turns his head, smiles but the moment he lifts his head, he hits the door of the trunk and makes a little dent in it. I cannot help but cackle and snort in amusement. What an idiot!

He always acts so flirtatiously and uses his British charm to get away with a lot of stuff, so when something embarrassing and stupid happens it is my duty as a friend to make fun of him.

Thanks to my decades long friendship with a certain original troublemaker, I am much less restrained when it comes to expressing myself. I became more vocal in speaking my truth, wants, needs or opinions.

Naturally we each influenced the other and I also took some of the bad. There were quite a few times where I participated in his pranks, especially if it involved the kids. That was always a good time!

Do not judge! As a parent it is not only my job to educate and care for them but also embarrass them at every single opportunity that presents itself. And I must humbly admit that I did quite a good job – with Kol's help of course. Credit must be given, where credit is due.

Anyhow, I am laughing my ass off whilst Enzo just sends me a glare and rubs the back of his head.

"Very funny gorgeous. Just wait until its your turn. I will be there to laugh at your misery!" he drawls.

"And I welcome it!" I counter and mockingly bow to him. He just shakes his head at my antics and closes the trunk.

"Do you have everything?" I ask as I come closer.

"Yes. It took me a while." I couldn't help but let out a giggle, but he ignored my reaction and continued, "but all is ready. I must thank you Caroline. Without your help and guidance, I would not be where I am today."

He came over to me and gave me a good old hug. Of course, I reciprocated and said honestly, "You are very welcome. It was my pleasure."

We let go of each other and he took a step back. We said our goodbyes, he climbed into the car and went on his way. I really hope that he takes this chance to live a little and takes good care of himself.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

It has been two weeks since Enzo left, and it looks like he is having a grand time exploring. On one of his trips, he found an interesting grimoire and sent it over. I am very thankful as this does help deepening my knowledge. I have been studying it over the last couple days, all the while keeping up with school, martial arts training, and magic training with Sheila.