Chapter 12

3rd POV:

Days passed into nights. Time seemed to fly faster than usual as Caroline realized that there was only a day left for her departure. These past few days were filled with interesting conversations and activities. She somehow – very cautiously – rebuilt her friendship with Klaus. Surprisingly, this worked out very well. The witch is aware that people change throughout time. She is a perfect example. She was very aware how he used to act at this point in time. Meeting him again was not in her plans as she was not sure how to handle him. She was quite hesitant about the idea but now that they had spoken again on various occasions, her doubts slowly drifted away. He seemed much more composed, and calmer compared to her memories of him. This Klaus was slightly more in line with 'post-Mystic Falls' version she came to like.

It is very curious how things have turned out. The witch happily welcomes this Klaus, as it would be easier to manage future events if they can communicate and understand each other, even if just a little. So much so, that she felt confident enough to exchange numbers. Now, she can keep track of the hybrid and with much luck and persuasion maybe – just maybe – she'll get him to undagger his siblings.

(A/N: looking at you Koala bear. Don't worry. You're never forgotten ;-D)

She just finished packing most of her things. Caroline only left out the essentials that she will be using the next morning before getting dropped off at the airport. She grabs her cell and checks the time. She is still quite early but grabs her things anyway and slowly makes her way out to the coffee shop to visit Marcy.

Caroline is very grateful to have had the opportunity to meet someone as wonderful as Marcy and really thinks that this budding friendship could grow to be strong and healthy, if nurtured. Therefore, she asked Marcy to hang out after her shift that day. She walked all the way to the front doors but instead of going in, she decided to sit on one of the chairs outside and enjoy the rare sunshine.

She must have lost track of time, because when Marcy finally exited the coffee shop ready to meet her, she startled Caroline with her greeting, making her produce a strange sound similar to a screeching piglet. Marcy, being the sensible and reasonable person that she is, did not hold back her laughter at all at Care's reaction. She laughed so hard in fact, that tears escaped her eyes. Marcy had put an arm over her stomach whilst bending over and leaning on the doorframe to stop from falling. The blonde scowled at the barista's reaction. Unfortunately for her, Marcy has a very infectious laugh. It did not take long for Caroline to join in. Both laughing in tandem, ignoring the stares from onlookers

Their joy and laughter could be seen and heard clearly and drew the attention of a certain hybrid across the street. He looked at the girls, smirking slightly but did not approach. He turned around and left, knowing that this would not be the last time that he would see her.

When the girls finally calmed down, they left the coffee shop and walked around the city. Marcy showed Caroline some of her favorite hidden places in Seattle and they enjoyed their time together very much.

Hours later they finally said their goodbyes and promised to keep in touch.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

After recharging and forging new friendships, Caroline is finally back in Mystic Falls and ready for action.

As soon as she is back, she redistributes her time so that she spends most of it with her friends and family. Knowing what is soon about to take place, she wants to enjoy the little peace that they still have left before all goes to shit.