6

Maya's POV:

After a decent conversation about Josh, Riley and Topanga assured that they were happy for me. They want me to be happy.

I sigh in releif as I realize that now there is nothing keeping me and Josh apart- even though there really wasn't before.

Topanga ran the situation by Corey, and he seemed okay with it too.

"Hey," Corey starts. "He's my brother. I can trust this one, so I dont have to worry."

"Yeah." I laugh.

Josh and I share a glance, and he pulls me to his side, wrapping his arm around me.

Lucas's POV:

The guard unlocks my cell, and handcuffs me.

He walks me to the front of the police department, giving me the clothes I wore when I first came. He unlocks my handcuffs

I walk into a changing room and put on my clothes.

Blue jeans, and a blue t-shirt. Im still wearing my sneakers.

When I'm done getting dressed, I return the jail suit to the police officer.

"You did good, kid." The police officer says.

"Huh?"

"Most kids your age wouldn't last a few days. n there. They'd try to escape or something. But not you. You're.. Quiet. And well behaved."

"Well thank you sir. I just wanted to get out as soon as possible. I have someone waiting on me." I reply.

"A young lady, I reckon?"

"Yeah." I smile at the thought of Maya.

"Well I'm gonna let you head out now. Dont wanna keep your girl waiting." He pats me on the back.

"Thank you sir." I say, then turn to walk out the door.

When I walk out, its bright outside. I start walking around looking for a bus station. I realize I'm still in Indiana.

My parents came to visit some, but they couldn't bear to look at me. They were so dissapointed in me.

But atleast I have Maya.

I go to the nearest bus stop and wait for the next bus.

About 20 minutes pass and a bus pulls up. I get on, and sit near the back. I look out the window, and close my eyes.

I have only one thing on my mind- Maya.