15

Maya's POV:

I wake up, and find myself in Lucas's bed. But not only am I just in Lucas's bed, I'm naked.

I jolt up, halfway waking Lucas up.

I stop moving and stay still for a second so that he'll fall back asleep.

He does, and I walk around his room looking for my clothes. After picking up everything I quickly get dressed.

As im pulling on my shoes Lucas sits up.

"Maya?" He says tiredly.

"Hi, Lucas. I should go." I say quickly, while standing up.

"Wait, Maya."

I look over at him.

"We.." he continues.

"Yes, Lucas. I know what we did. And it-it was a mistake that's why I should go."

"Wait! Maya I'm sorry. Please sit down. We need to talk..again."

I hesitate, but then I realize running wont help. I just need to remeber that.

I sit on the side of his bed, next to him where he's still laying down.

"I'm sorry Lucas. I didn't mean to.. tackle you last night and force you into anything."

"What? No, you didn't force anything. I went along with it."

We're silent for a moment.

"Lucas.. I'm scared." I finally say.

"Of what?"

"I mean what if.. what if I'm pregnant?"

Lucas's face changes to worry.

"We-we didnt use protection?"

"Not that I remember. That's what Im worried about. Lucas.. I'm only 16." I worry.

"Don't worry Maya. If you aren't, we got lucky. If you are.. we'll figure something out. Just remember I'm here for you okay?"

I nodd slowly. My stomach twists at the thought of being pregnant. I'm 16. I'm not supposed to be like those girls on MTV, I'm supposed to be normal. Not have baby problems and stuff.

What am I going to do?

Maybe I shouldnt worry to much. I just need to wait a bit then take a test. For all I know I may not be.

All of this thinking is making me sick to my stomach. Me? A mom?

"Lucas, I'm sorry but I really should go."

"Okay." He says, nodding.

I stand up to leave, and Lucas gets out of bed. Luckily he has some boxers on. He pulls me into a hug before I go, and when we seperate he gently gives me a kiss.

I walk out his bedroom door, and close it behind me. I leave his house, and since it was 6am, his parents were thankfully asleep.

~

When I get back to Riley's, I open and shut the front door as quietly as I can.

The lights are off, so I turn them on. As soon as I do, Josh walks into the living room.

"Maya?" Josh says tiredly.

"Hi.."

"What are you doing out so late?

"I- I was just taking another walk.

"At 6:30 in the morning?"

"Wha-? What do you care? Don't you hate me?" I say walking past him into the kithen.

"I don't hate you. I'm just.. I just.. I don't know. All I know is you said you loved Lucas.. right infront of me."

"Josh I'm sorry. This isn't easy. I love Lucas, you have yo understand that. I always will.. we just have so much history together." I explain. "You and I...? We're.."

"I get it." Josh cuts me off. "I don't care who your with as long as you're happy. I just care about you."

Josh walks closer to me.

"Thanks for understanding. I'm sorry we didn't work. I really liked you.. it's just Lucas, ya know."

"Yea, I know." Josh walks even closer to me. So close that our toes are inches apart.

"You may not love me, but I will always love you, okay?"

I don't know what to say.

"Okay." I whisper.

He grabs my chin and trys to pull me into a kiss, but I pull away.

"I should be getting to bed." I quickly say. "Goodnight Josh."

I walk to Riley's room and lay on her bay window, since she won't want me sleeping in her bed, probably.

Right before I fall asleep, Josh peeks into her room.

"Goodnight, Maya."