7

Maya's POV:

I'm currently sitting on the couch, being bored out of my mind. Josh went to go pick us up some McDonald's, and I said I'd stay here.

Yea, Riley's here and so is Farkle, but they're packing up for a camping trip for the weekend. Farkles family are going on the trip and invited Riley and me. I said I'd stay here, with Josh, and they could go.

Corey, Topanga, Auggie, and Riley are all going. I'm kinda glad, too. I've got Josh all to myself.

They all walk in, and I stand up off of the couch.

"Hey. You guys all set for the trip?" I ask.

"Yep. Are you sure you dont want to come with us, honey?" Topanga asks.

"Yeah, I'm sure. I'll be okay."

"Okay." She smiles at me.

"But hey, I'll text and call you guys." I assure them.

"Okay, good. I cant go a day without talking to my best friend." Riley says.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll miss you too, weirdo." I laugh, then give her a hug.

"Okay, you guys ready?" Corey asks everyone.

"Yep." I hear everyone say.

"Alrighty lets go before we're late." Topanga says.

Before they leave, I receive goodbyes and hugs from everyone. When the place is finally empty, I plop on the couch.

Lucas's POV:

I open my eyes when I feel the bus jerk to a stop. I lift my head up and look around. I'm at the central park.

They brought me back to New York when I got arrested.

I walk to the nearest bench, and sit. I try my hardest to think of the places Maya might be. Is she here? Still in California?

I decide to go to the one place she usually was. Rileys house.

Maya's POV:

As I lay on the couch, watching TV, I hear my phone ring. Its Josh. I answer.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey. Sorry I'm taking so long. The traffic is really bad." He answers.

"It's okay. When are you gonna get here?"

"Im not even at McDonald's yet. I'd say half an hour. Maybe an hour at the most."

"Ugh." I sigh.

"Hey, but as soon as I get there we can do whatever you want. I swear."

I can hear him smiling through the phone.

"Okay." I grin.

"Alrighty well I'm gonna go."

"Okey dokey."

"I.. I love you." He says.

My stomach becomes warm and fluttery.

"I.. Love you too." I reply.

"Bye." He lets out about the cutest little laugh I've ever heard.

I hang up.

I let out a happy sigh.

Suddenly, I hear a knock on the door.

I get up, and walk to the door. I open it, only to find the person who was in my dreams. My nightmares. My everyday thoughts. My tears. My laughs. The person who made me feel like me. The person who hated me, then loved me. The person who drove me away, then brought me back. The person who loved me, for me. The first person I fell in love with.

I nearly forget how to breathe, how to talk. I stand frozen, and shocked, then finally I build up the strength to force one word out.

"Lucas?"