9

Josh's POV:

I'm on my way back to Riley's apartment when the traffic finally lightens up. Turns out I've been trying to get McDonald's for about an hour. Yeesh.

I park infront of the apartment building, and go up to Riley's place.

When I go in, Maya is sitting on the couch watching t.v.

"Hey." I smile.

"Hey." She replies, tearing her eyes from the t.v.

"Sorry it took so long. I tried to get here as fast as I could because it was starting to get cold."

"It's okay." She giggles.

I give her a Mcdonald's bag with her meal in it, and sit next to her with mine.

"Josh?" She says quietly.

"Yeah, Maya?"

"Someone stopped by when you were gone." She says, looking as if she were carefully choosing her words.

"Who?" I ask, concerned.

Hopefully nobody said or did anything bad to her. I don't want her hurt.

"It was Lucas." She stares into my eyes, studying me.

Honestly, I dont know what to think.

"Hes out of jail? Did he hurt you?"

"No no no.. nothing like that. The opposite actually."

"Well then what did he say?"

"He just came to see me."

"Well yeah, but what did he say?"

"Well.. he said he missed me and stuff like that."

I can see that she's getting nervous.

"So now that he's out.. are you and him.. you know.. back together?" I ask quietly.

"Well no.. I mean I don't think so."

"Is it yes or is it no Maya?" I stand up.

She stands up too.

"Josh please I just need some time to figure everything out. I really had no idea that he was getting out this soon." She quickly spits out.

I think for a second.

"Did you think he was going to get out eventually?"

"Well, yeah.."

"Then why didn't you wait for him?"

"I had to distract myself from him. I had to move on, so I wouldn't have to feel the pain of not having him with me."

I clench my jaw. It makes me jealous and upset hearing her talk about another guy this way. But hey, I did ask.

"So I'm just a distraction?" I ask.

I could see in her eyes that she realized she messed up.

"No! It's just I had to get him off my mind. Then I found you.. and things changed."

She takes a step closer to me.

"Josh please. Just let me figure everything out."

I'm not very happy about any of this, but I guess I should give her a chance to clear things up then see where everything goes.

I take a deep breath. "Okay. I need an explanation soon, though. I need to know whether you're mine or not." I force a small smile.

"Thank you." She sighs in relief.

She slowly walks over to me and wraps her arms around me and lays her head on my chest. I hug her back lightly.

"As of right now, I'm yours and only yours. I love you Josh." She says.

"I love you too." I reply.

What she said made me feel a bit better. Now I know that she's mine. Only mine. But there's one part she said that bugged me.

As of right now?