13

Lucas's POV:

I hear a knock on the front door.

"I got it!" I yell to no one in particular.

I open the door and find Riley standing there.

"Riley?" I ask.

"Lucas, we need to talk."

"Okay..?" I step aside and let her in.

We walk up to my room, and Riley starts pacing back and forth.

"Riley is everything going okay? You seem.."

"Worried? Confused? Yeah I am."

"Why?"

"Well.. here's the thing. Farkle is moving to Hawaii and we broke up and ever since we kissed, I've had feelings for you. But Maya found out that we kissed and we got in an argument, then Josh broke up with her." She says, the words quickly spilling from her mouth.

"Josh? You uncle Josh? He's to old for her!"

"I know, but they didn't care about age, they just cared about each other."

"How did Maya found out anyways?"

"Well.. Maya was on her way to your house to talk to you but saw me leave and thought something was up. But when Farkle came over to say goodbye he got it out of me, and told her."

"Gahh, now she'll never take me back!" I say kinda loud.

Everything falls quiet and Riley looks at her shoes.

"I wouldn't exactly say that." She says quietly.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, we got in an argument because you and I kissed and Maya said she wanted you, and only you. That's why Josh broke up with her. He heard what she said."

I sit on the edge of my bed.

"I'm sorry Riley."

"For what?"

"Leading you on like this. I shouldn't have kissed you. I love Maya and nothing will change that." I say, feeling bad.

I could see it in Riley's face that her heart just dropped.

"O-okay." She says, quietly and sadly.

I feel horrible. I stand up and try to give her a hug. She gently pushes me away and walks away from me.

"I should go. Bye Lucas."

She leaves, and I'm left standing in my room.

I start to wonder if I should change my mind. Should I date Riley? I just told her I'll only love Maya.. but..

Could that change?