16

Riley's POV:

I wake up because the sun is shining in my face.

I sit up and see Maya sleeping in the bay window.

Part of me feels bad for her, but I'm still mad at her. Or am I? I don't know. We're best friends, and its hard to stay mad.

Now that I start to think about it.. I really can't blame her for yelling at me. Lucas and Maya are soulmates. They belong together. Besides, I wouldn't want her kissing my ex boyfriend behind my back. Er, my ex boyfriend kissing her.

I get out of bed and crouch down by Maya and shake her to wake her up.

"Maya." I whisper. "Maaayyaa"

She slowly starts to wake up.

"Hey." She says, and sits up.

"Hey." I smiled. "Sorry you had to sleep on the window. But dont worry, I'm not mad anymore."

"Your not?"

"Nope." I shake my head. "Your my best friend. I can't stay mad at you."

She smiles and gives me a hug.

"Riley.. I have something to tell you. And it's not to make you upset I swear!"

"It's okay, what is it?"

"Well.. last night I went to Lucas's."

I raise my eyebrows. "Really?"

"Yeah.. and well we kinda got back together." Maya says shyly, fiddling with her fingers.

"Kinda?" I ask.

"Well it wasn't anything official like him asking me out on a date or anything."

"Well then what was it?"

"Well.. we said we loved each other.. and kissed.. and.. yeah. That's all."

"Sounds official to me. So you're back together?"

Dont get me wrong, I did have a tiny little spark of interest in Lucas when he kissed me, but that's long gone. Now it just matters if Maya is happy and they're together.

"Yeah, I guess we are." She smiles.

I love seeing my best friend so happy.

~

Josh's POV

Maya and Lucas have been hanging out alot lately.

Im happy for Maya, but I don't like Lucas. You can guess why.

Yesterday they were watching a movie, and I came home from the store. Lucas was laying his head in her lap, and she was playing with his hair.

Maya looked over to me and gave me a small smile and wave. I waved back.

~

Today, she was out all day. She came back around 10:00.

Now, I'm the only one awake, and I'm watching tv.

Maya walks through the door with a Wal-Mart bag.

"Hey." I say.

"Hey."

"You know we got groceries already right?"

"Yeah I know. This is for me." She replies.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Nothing.. just girly stuff."

"Ah. Okay then."

She walks off, and goes to the bathroom, then to bed.

~

A couple hours later, I just cant handle the tv anymore. It's giving me a headache so I decide to go to bed.

Along the way, I go to the bathroom.

While I'm using the bathroom I look around and see something badly hidden in the trashcan.

A pregnancy test.