The Petrol Station - Jadon Sancho

Y/N’S POV

I was heading for a weekend away at my parents’ tomorrow, but I needed to get some snacks and fill the car up with petrol and get it washed as it was filthy. It was half two and I had just finished tidying the house, so I decided to head to the shops and get everything sorted. I decided to get the shopping first, so I headed into Tescos. I grabbed some snacks and some flowers for my mum. I also got my sister’s son a small present. I left the shops and put everything into the car and made my way to the petrol station. It was overly quiet when I got there so it didn’t take long to fill the tank up. After that I went to the car wash, so my car didn’t look like I crashed into the mud bank. Once I had finished everything, I went to get air for my tyres. When I got there, someone else was using the pump. So, I got out the car and waited patiently. “Hey, I’m sorry to bother you, but can you help me with this, I won’t lie I’ve got no clue what I’m meant to be doing.” I looked over to where the voice came from and a guy no later than his early 20s was stood there holding the pipe looking incredibly confused. I chuckled and went over to him. “Of course, it’s not that difficult once you get the hang of it.” “Yeah, I haven’t had to do this yet.” “Fair enough, I’ll show you.” “Thank you. I’m Jadon by the way.” “Y/N.” He smiled when I told him my name. “That’s cute.” I blushed at his comment but tried to hide it. “Okay pass me the pump, and I’ll show you how to do it.” I showed him how to do the first tyre. “Oh, that actually is quite simple, I was just being an idiot.” “Nah you weren’t, trust me I had to take my dad with me the first few times I did it because I couldn’t do it and I didn’t want to completely deflate the tyre.” “Yeah, fair enough. I’ll have to get you to come next time I do it then.” I smiled at his gesture. I finished adding air to his tyres. “Let me buy you a drink for helping me with this.” “No, it’s okay, it was nothing.” “C’mon Y/N please.” “Okay, alright but I need to sort my front tyre out first.” He watched as I quickly filled up the tyre. After we were done at the petrol station, we got back into our cars, and I followed Jadon to a small café. Jadon went to order our drinks and I found somewhere to sit. “So, what do you do for a living?” “I’m actually a teacher, newly qualified.” “Oh, that’s cool, secondary or primary?” “Secondary I’m teaching science but I’m mainly gonna be teaching PE. What about you, what do you do?” “I’m actually a footballer, I play for Man United.” “Oh no way that’s awesome. My dads a massive Man U fan, so I’ve been to a few games.” “Oh, what are the chances of that.” We talked for at least two hours, considering we’d never met the conversation was so easy. “This has been really nice, but I’m afraid I’m gonna have to leave as I have other stuff to do. But thank you for the coffee.” “Yeah, no worries thanks for helping with my car.” “Here’s my number btw, we should defiantly do this again.” “Yeah I’d like that.” We hugged goodbye and I got in my car. Considering it was only meant to be a quick last minute trip, I had really enjoyed myself.

Thanks for reading, I found this in my drafts and I think it was written late at night so I hope its okay.