Mini Mount - Mason Mount

This is a request from @football___ hope you like it :)

Mason’s POV

Y/D/N had recently had her first birthday and so I promised her that she could come to my first match of the season. We were playing Norwich which should hopefully be an easy win. I’d gotten myself ready and packed my kit bag, so I only had to get Y/D/N ready before leaving. I went into her nursery where she was lying awake waiting for me. I scooped her up into my arms and she cuddled into my chest. “Morning baby.” She rubbed her eyes sleepily. “Do you know what’s happening today?” She looked at me with confusion. “You’re gonna come and watch daddy play football.” Her eyes lit up and she began smiling. I put her down on the floor so I could get her kit out. I quickly changed her and then took her downstairs so she could eat breakfast before we left. The drive to the bridge was short, which was lucky. When we arrived, there was a massive swarm of fans trying to get pictures with the fans. I drove past careful not to upset Y/D/N. When I got to the changing rooms it was empty aside from Kai and Kepa. “Hey Mount, oh and mini-Mount.” Kepa came over and tickled Y/D/N and she giggled. “Right boys, I’ll see you out there don’t be late to the warmup otherwise Tuchel may have your head.” With that Kepa left Kai and I and headed onto the pitch. “You’re not playing today are you, Kai?” “No why?” “Well, I was wondering if you’d look after Y/D/N whilst I play.” “I’d love to, and Ben isn’t playing either so I’m sure he’d love to look after her as well. “Thank you, I really appreciate it.” Kai nodded and then left the room leaving me to change. I put Y/D/N on the floor with her teddy so I could get ready. I had to go and warm up so I took Y/D/N with me and gave her a ball to kick around with whilst I joined the rest of the squad, but making sure I had a close eye on her. Kick off was in 10 minutes meaning we needed to get ready to line up which meant leaving Y/D/N. I picked her up and gave her to Ben. “Uncle Ben is going to look after you whilst daddy plays okay.” She nodded and cuddled up to Ben. I kissed her goodbye and went into the tunnel with the rest of the team. Tuchel gave us some last-minute words of encouragement and then we were led out. The fans were roaring with it being the first game of the season. I was excited to be back out playing. I looked over to Y/D/N who had fallen asleep in Ben’s arms. I was hoping she wouldn’t miss much of the game. The first half was well underway, and we were already 1-0 up thanks to Christian. Norwich were playing better than expected with a few shots on target. It was nearing the end of the first half when Sterling scored a beautiful goal. The half time whistle went and I raced over to Ben who had an awake but sleepy Y/D/N in his arms. He passed her over and I cuddled her and took her to the changing rooms. She had perked up a bit being in my arms when she realised who it was. Half time was over quickly and so I had to give Y/D/N back to Ben who passed her over to Kai. I waved goodbye and headed onto the pitch. The game was 2-0 at 64 minutes when I got crossed the ball and headed it straight into the goal. The stadium erupted in cheers and my team mates piled on me. I was buzzing, first goal of the season with my daughter to watch. I ran over to where the team was sat and Kai was dancing and cheering with Y/D/N in his arms. I went up and kissed her head and whispered “that was for you baby.” She smiled at me and then I had to return to the game. I couldn’t wait for the game to be over so I could properly be with her again. The full time whilst blew with us winning 3-0. I went to retrieve Y/D/N from Kai when a member of the media team called me over. I had to do an interview when I all I wanted was to be with my daughter. Halfway through the interview I could hear crying and was hoping it wasn’t Y/D/N. I carried on with the interview when moments later Ben came jogging over with Y/D/N in his arms trying to comfort her. “Mason I’m really sorry to interrupt but she kept crying for you.” I nodded understandingly and he passed her over. Once she was in my arms, she stopped crying and looked around amazed at all the equipment and the cameras. “I’m so sorry about that, what was your question?” “Is this Mini Mount’s first game.” “Yeah, it is. And so, I’m very pleased with my goal. And overall, I think it was a great game and good to start the season off with a clean sheet.” The interviewer nodded and then let us go. I took Y/D/N back to the rest of the squad and thanked Ben and Kai for looking after her today before heading back to the changing rooms to go home.