Tent Alexander~Arnold - Robbo To The Rescue

Trent Alexander-Arnold – Robbo to the Rescue

Trent’s POV

I had training for our first champions league game this morning, but it wasn’t exactly scheduled because it was only a short session meaning I couldn’t get childcare for my daughter. Lola would often go to my parents, but they were away on holiday and everyone else lived far away from mine and it wouldn’t be fair to make them come over, besides it would be nice to bring her with me for the day. The team loved her so it shouldn’t be an issue. “Lola, we are going to training together today.” In the whole three years of Lola existing, she’d only been to a handful of matches and training sessions. “Why?” “Because we are. You can see Uncle Robbo and Jordan and the rest of the team.” “Alright.” I took her upstairs and gave her clothes to change into of course it was the Liverpool training kit to match me. It would be wrong not too. We were running slightly late, so I grabbed a couple granola bars and set off to the training ground. When we got there Lola was very excited to see the team. “Right, we need to sign in, drop my bag off and then head to the pitch.” She nodded and followed me through reception where I signed in. The receptionist waved at her and she behind my legs. I chuckled. “C’mon let’s go find the others.” She held onto my hand tightly whilst we walked to the changing rooms. “Hey boys.” There was only Jordan and Joel in the changing rooms. Lola let go of my hand and ran to Jordan who scooped her into a hug. “I missed little Arnold.” She giggled. Jordan put her down but she didn’t leave his side. I got myself ready and then we headed to the pitch. She came back to me when we left the changing rooms and reattached herself to my hand. When we walked over thee rest of the squad were doing drills. “Do you want a ball to kick around for a bit whilst I do some work?” “Okay.” I grabbed her one from the bag and left her playing for a bit. We did passing drills for 15 minutes before taking a break. I went to check on Lola who seemed rather content with her football. Just like her dad. “You alright Kiddo?” “Yeah.” “Good I’m nearly finished then we can go home.” I left her again to join back with the team for shooting practice. 10 minutes in Lola was getting restless she was bored. I felt bad this isn’t really how she wanted to start her Friday morning. She was getting angrier and kicking the ball more aggressively. I let her be for a minute, but when looked back over she wasn’t there anymore. I turned around in a panic to see her running over to Robbo. She was crying so Andy scooped her up into a hug.

No- one’s POV

Andy pulled Lola close and questioned what the matter was. “I’m bored and I’ve got no one to play with.” “There’s no need to get upset though pickle. Your Daddy’s nearly finished work and then you can go home.” “Will you play football with me?” Lola questioned sweetly. Andy couldn’t say no to her, she had him wrapped around her little finger. “Sure, run and get the ball.” Lola trotted off to grab her ball from earlier. Trent jogged over to Andy and thanked him for looking after her. He dismissed him as though it was nothing and that he didn’t mind. “Robbo to the rescue!” Trent laughed and went back to training. Andy and Lola kicked the ball back and forth to each other for awhile until Lola ran off with the ball in direction of the goal and Andy chased after her to stop her scoring. Of course, when he caught up and stood in the goal, he did the most dramatic dive in the wrong direction which sent Lola into a fit of giggles. Andy picked her up and gave her a piggyback around the pitch shouting about how Salah was going to be replaced and how they’d found Liverpool’s new best forward. Trent looked very proud of his daughter and couldn’t contain his smile. After training ended Andy gave Lola back to Trent who was grateful for cheering her up whilst he was working.

Thanks for the request ho3forfootballers