THERE'S NO CRYING ON WATTPAD!

The above title is almost a line from the movie "A League of Their Own" starring Tom Hanks. It's about a group of women who play professional baseball during WWII. During a scene in the movie the coach, played by Tom Hanks, sees one of his players and yells, "Are you crying? There's no crying! THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!" I love that line for one reason. It's true. There's no crying in baseball. There just isn't. 

And Wattpad? Well, it ain't baseball. Not even close. There's crying. God there is so much crying! I cannot believe all the rampant cry babies on here. I swear you would think you walked into a wailing childcare facility in the midst of a mass temper tantrum. I cannot log on once without reading hundreds of  stories and poems (wanna-be poems) about how sad someone's life. I am all for people venting but most on here can't stop complaining. 

There is a lot in life to be sad about. Some people who are on here make it a point to share sad things in their lives. Loss of family and friends. Struggles through medical or financial problems. Unrequited love or lost loves. These fine writers do it with some semblance of dignity. They write so that we can learn from their experiences. They write beautiful prose or poetry so that we can feel what they felt and learn and grow from it. I am not talking about them. 

I am talking about the other guys. You know the ones. They're like "hey guys check me out I'm crying." I am so sad about my life. I live in darkness every day. Depression is my best friend. Please please feel sorry for me.

Sorry, nope, I don't. Let me tell you something that all of your other Wattpad friends should have told you already. GET OFF WATTPAD. If you really do have a problem with depression you are not going to cure it by talking to random unknown people on the internet. That is just not going to happen. Depression is a serious disease.  If anything it will just get worse if left untreated or if you continue to try and treat it by talking to people online. You can really lose yourself in this place if you are not careful.

Everybody on the planet has a real person to talk to. Everybody. A parent, sibling, friend or some professional mental health official. Go get help. Don't waste your life away on the internet seeking closeness to someone. You are not going to find it. And if you do chances are it will not be real. This is not what Wattpad is for. It is not your saviour. It won't help you get better. Go find a real person before things get worse.

You were hoping I was done now right? Sorry, no. There is another set of cry babies on Wattpad. I swear I look at them and I think "What are we in Junior High?". Seriously people quit fighting like a bunch of little kids. Somebody says something about somebody else and a cat fight breaks out here. Grow up! I keep getting messages from followers, and instead of it being some wonderful new story or update it is some crying session about how so and so was mean to me today. 

It saddens me (See! Now I'm crying on Wattpad!) to see this kind of kid stuff on Wattpad. It really needs to stop. We are not kids. Well, except for the kids who are on here. In which case it's okay, cry your little hearts out. It's good for you. But for rest of you so called adults? Cut your crap!

THERE'S NO CRYING ON WATTPAD!

Join me next time when we ask the age old question "Are you really a writer?".