Getting Naked on Wattpad

"You know I've seen you without clothes several times, but this is the first time I've seen you really naked"- from the show Firefly

Not that naked. The other naked. Seriously people!

Fiction writers make up stories. Non-fiction writers are stories. They both might be able to tell them well, but the non-fiction writer has the advantage of truth. Through their writing we see more. The fiction writer can seek truth also, but to really find it you have to know how to write and you really have to understand how human beings work. That is a very rare thing. Extremely rare.  I know very few fiction writers that can do that. Some of them are here on Wattpad. 

It can be dangerous to write non-fiction. It can hurt you, damage you even. It can lead you down a path you never saw coming. One of my favorite writers on Wattpad is a very young girl who decided to put her life on here. Every day she would put her life on here for everyone to see. Her writing was raw, and perfect. I did not miss a day of it because it was so refreshing to see someone's view of the world around them as it happened. It went on for the longest time until that series ended. One day I was looking for it and it was gone. When I asked her about she said it was causing problems with her family and she had to take it down. Of course I hated that answer. That the truth of her life as she saw it would cause her problems simply because she said it out loud is ridiculous. 

But that is the nature of the truth. Not everyone is comfortable with it or even wants to hear it. Many people are afraid of it. Things that are true take on another life when they are said out loud or written down for everyone to see. This is a fact even if everyone already knows the truth! There is a magic to the expression of our thoughts that change the nature of those thoughts the moment that they are expressed. Things will change when you say the words you have always wanted to say. This is true even when you just say them out loud to yourself. Try it.

It's happened to you before. She knows you love her and you know she loves you, but it's different the moment one of you finally says it. It's the magic of expression. It's the nakedness of who you are. It changes everything. 

These non-fiction writers I am talking about are part of "The Other Wattpad" I mentioned in a previous post.  They will never be famous here. They won't get the million votes not matter how wonderful their writing is. But they will change more lives than any million read fiction book ever could. That is also the nature of  the truth. 

These writers put it all out there for you to see. They let you see them naked. They put it all out there without concern for the judgement many of you will certainly have when you read their words. They know you will be judgmental. They know you will have prejudice thoughts in your heart when you read their words. They take their clothes off in front of you anyway. That takes courage.

Why do they do this? I don't know. Some say it is because they have to. They can't keep the story in if they tried. Others say it's because they want to know that they are not alone, and want others to know that they are not alone either. A friend of mine has been posting her memoir on here for a while now and I have seen people run to it and find themselves in her courageous words. It was not easy for her put it out there, but she did. Many people are better for it. I am better for it. No fiction could ever do that to me.

I write nearly all non-fiction. I can write fiction if I want to. I have some fiction stories in the works. I just like writing non-fiction. Some of you might not be able to do it. Maybe you don't have a story? I once wrote "Find time to write. But not so much that you do not have time to experience anything worth writing about." Is that you? Do you not have a story?  Is that even possible? Think about it. 

So Wattpadders, how about it? Wanna get naked with me? I dare you fiction writers tell a true story. Use all your writing talents and put your true story out there in all it's naked glory. Just let it all hang out. The good, bad, and the ugly. All of it. I dare you. Tell your real story. You might like it. I know I will. 

It's okay if you can't. Not everybody can. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Hmmm...anyway. See you guys next time.

Here is some cool writers that write some good non-fiction.

eliseanton

LaraBlunte

AmazingKatiePanda

seechelle

maryltabor

P.S. I did not include poets in this writing. They are a whole other world of words. They offer up the truth without regard to fiction or non-fiction. Who does that? They are crazy, and sexy. Crazy sexy. They get naked all the time. 

Not that naked. The other naked.  Seriously!