Don't judge a book by it's first 669 pages

You've heard the old saying, "Don't judge a book by it's first 669 pages"?  Sure you have. Everyone has heard it. I mean let's be serious about this. We need to give a book a chance right? Judging by it's cover seems kind of harsh. What if the cover is crap and the story is great? How will you know?

Okay, there is not really a saying that says that. But there is one about judging by the cover. You shouldn't do that either.  That's an iffy one too. Don't do that.

For instance the other day I was sitting in my favorite coffee shop and I was listening to Pandora on my phone with my earphones on. I was listening to my 70's radio station. You know, stuff like The Eagles, Chicago, Boston, and stuff like that. I was listening away minding my own business when I decided to get up and get a refill. The place was packed and a bit noisy. When I got up my earphones caught on the edge of the table and popped out of the phone. It did it just as the music changed from "Hotel California" to "Dancing Queen". So there I stood holding a phone blaring out "Dancing Queen" by Abba. Everyone froze and stared at me.  They were judging me. I could see it in there eyes. I didn't blame them. I would have done the same thing.

Luckily for me I was wearing my "Go to hell, I'm reading" shirt (it actually says that). Before anyone could open their mouth to chuckle I gave them all my patented "I could be crazy, maybe I have a gun, maybe I don't, do you really want to take that chance?" look. You don't want to be on the receiving end of that. Well they all stopped staring and went about their business. Not a peep.

But see what I mean? You can't judge a book by it's cover. But how far will you go into that book to find out?

I think sometimes you need to give it chance. Get past the cover and delve into those first few sentences. Maybe they are magic. Maybe they take you in and spin your head so fast you can't help but continue. You go and finish that first chapter. The story intrigues you and you keep going. It's not life changing  but it draws you in.

Then it takes a dive. Somehow the book you were reading stops being what it once was. It's not magic anymore. It comes to a crawl. But you're invested already right? You're several chapters in and you have to keep going. You have to see where this book takes you. See how it ends.

So you keep going. Every once in a while catching a glimpse of what it once was. Now and then a chapter comes along that gives you hope that it is okay to continue. You see a hint of that greatness that drew you in on that first page. So you stay. You're committed now. You are going to finish the damn thing even if it kills you!

Well, that's where I am now. This is my 669th day on Wattpad and I am not sure where I am with it. I loved the beginning and I have come across some amazing chapters.  I have loved the ride it has taken me on and I have hated it. And to be honest, if I had to tell you what the score is now it would probably be at an even 50-50 in the number of good versus bad chapters.

But unlike a real book I can't put all the blame on Wattpad. You see I wrote some of those chapters myself. I can't blame all of the bad ones on Wattpad either. I took some of the chapters on a dive all by myself. I lost sight of what I wanted to do on here myself every once in a while. That's on me.

So can we judge a book on it's first 669 pages? No, not yet. This book is not nearly over. The 669th page on here is just like the  first couple of sentences in a real book. There is so much more to write.

Yes, Wattpad frustrates the hell out me some days. Yesterday was hell Wattpad!  But I guess I can live with that. They are trying. Me too.

I'm gonna stick around a bit. I hope you do to. I am anxious to see what chapters you write in your book while you chase Wattpad. So far you guys have not disappointed.

Here are some people with interesting chapters in their Chasing Wattpad life. Go follow them.

CatherineMicqu

LaraBlunte

eliseanton 

bmacke01

Klaius

TerraBeilman

seechelle

Oh, btw, I like Abba. Get over it.