₀₂. 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚍𝚒𝚊𝚛𝚢

"good," lucius said, "now get back to your dorm. we wouldn't want anyone to suspect anything."

draco speedily headed in my direction and i took the opportunity get away and began running back to my common room. but before i could get out of his sight, he caught me.

"diggory?" he said in a different tone than usual.

i turned around, rolling my eyes.

"what the hell are you doing up this late?" he continued.

"i could say the same for you. and your father. what is he making you do now, draco?"

"it's really none of your business, ivy–"

"then maybe i should go tell dumbledore about what i saw..."

"no! please! i'll do anything– just please don't tell anyone." he desperately pleaded.

"you'll do anything?"

"yes."

i crossed my arms, "apologize to my sister."

"that's what you want me to do?" he asked, confusedly.

"yes."

"i thought you'd want me to never talk to you again or some rubbish like that–"

"well, you're wrong. as always." i said.

he took out his wand and held it to my cheek, smirking, "you know i can just obliviate you, right?"

i nervously looked into his pale, blue eyes, "are you going to?"

he leaned in closer to me and i breathed in his cedarwood cologne.

"i don't know." he twirled his wand in his fingers and pulled his face away from me.

"stop flirting. just obliviate me already then." i grumpily demanded.

"i'm not going to." he said.

"w– what?" i asked, surprisingly, "why?"

"because i'm not my father," he paused, "although, my father would probably kill you, not obliviate you..."

he turned his attention back to me, "i'll apologize to willow if that's what you want."

i rolled my eyes with disgust.

"sleep tight, diggory." he stated.

then came a loud crack and he was gone. i sighed and went back up to my dorm.

why was he so exasperating? i asked myself for the fifth time, and why was his father so cruel?

it was as if i couldn't stop thinking about draco. it was annoying and stupid, i knew it. but there was something i found interesting about him. i just wasn't sure what it was.

❀ ❀ ❀

the next day went by normally, once again. well, until i walked out of my charms class. it was as if draco had been waiting to ridicule me.

"i guess the rumors are true..." he teased, "you did have a crush on me in your second year."

he held up a familiar-looking sparkly, pink diary. the same diary i used to write in when i was twelve. when i had a crush on draco.

he never knew i had a crush on him. neither did he know that i wrote poetry for him every night. until now.

"where'd you get that?!" i clamored.

"dear diary," draco teased; blaise was next to him, "i love draco to the moon and back. how can someone be so cute? i just can't stop thinking about him."

he laughed. blaise laughed. and so did kaya, one of his stupid friends.

"give it back, draco!" i reached for my diary.

but he held it up. he was much taller than me. there was no point of trying.

to make matters worse, kaya snatched the diary from draco. she flipped through some pages.

"dear diary, i'm so sad. i saw draco with another girl. i think her name is molly. i thought we had a chance to be together." she read.

kaya cackled, "how pathetic. get a life."

she threw the diary at my feet. and before anyone else could read from it, i quickly grabbed it, tears streaming down my face. i just remember crying and running as fast as i possibly could. i ran back to my dorm and cried there for hours, until leo found me.

"i shouldn't even cry. i did this to myself." i admitted, as the both of us sat on the ground in the common room.

"what do you mean?" leo asked.

i wiped my tears, "well, i was the one who put all of my feelings in this stupid diary. and i was careless enough to lose it during our third year. i guess draco must have found it..."

leo put his hand on my shoulder, "it's okay, ivy. sooner than later, draco's not gonna be here anymore."

i stopped crying and looked up. leo was right. draco wasn't going to be at hogwarts in just a few months. he was going to graduate.

"you're right," i laughed, "he isn't gonna be here anymore."

we both ended the night by laughing like maniacs. finally, i wouldn't have to worry about being teased or bullied by draco and all of his stupid ass friends. it was the most relief i had felt in a long time.