Chapter 1o

I'm home and pacing, honestly waiting for Tenya to change his mind and storm my house with his hero colleagues to arrest me. I'm sure he has a friend that could either cancel my quirk or some sort of lock that won't be affected by me.

A few hours later, there's a heavy knock at my door and I take a deep breath, ready to face the consequences of my own actions.

"You better be home. Open your door" Tenya's voice booms through the wood and I hesitate to touch the door. "So help you if I have to hunt you down."

I touch the door and the lock audibly clicks open. He charges in without waiting for me to turn the knob. He's still in his hero costume, but his helmet is missing. "well come on in, why don't you."

"Do not be cute with me right now" he puts his finger in my face, his face is red and twisted with fury. "I am absolutely livid with you right now"

"Well excuse the fuck out of me" I snap. "Didn't realize I asked you to my place to scold me"

"You were out committing crimes.... Again" he takes his finger out of my face and takes a deep breath, but his tone doesn't soften.

"What are you talking about?" I can't be sure he isn't wearing a wire or recording our conversation. I hope he isn't, but I can't do anything to incriminate myself.

He runs his hands through his hair and storms over to my bed to sit on the edge of it, putting his elbows on his knees. "What am I doing?" He says to himself.

I stay silent, awkwardly shifting my weight from foot to foot in front of him. When he doesn't say anything for awhile, I grab us both a bottle of water. He chugs his in one go.

"Are you going to answer your own question?" I ask, too uncomfortable to continue in the silence.

"Do not push me right now, Kagi" he spits my villain name at me like it's a curse.

"Alright. You know what? You can get the fuck out of my apartment if you all you're going to do is be rude to me and sulk." I poke his chest, pushing him to sitting upright and looking me dead in the eyes "you made a choice. Don't blame me if you're starting to regret it"

"You are right, but it does not change the fact that I need to arrest you." He says, standing and pacing.

"You've had ample opportunity to do that."

"You know I met a lovely girl? She is great and she is smart and she is funny and she likes me. I do not quite understand her flirting style, but she genuinely shows her interest in me." I don't quite understand where this line of thinking is going. "Then it turns out her friend is a criminal." Oh. That's where it's going.

"Your job wouldn't exist if it wasn't for my job."

"Is that all you have to say about this?!?" He looks at me incredulously, sticking his hands in his hair like if he doesn't hold on, his head will explode.

"If it causes you so much turmoil, then why do you keep letting me go?" My temper has bubbled over and I'm about to fight or fuck the man in front of me. I may end up doing both.

"I don't fucking know! Alright? I don't know why I'm corrupting my morals for a criminal. I don't know why I'm putting my job, my career and my family name at risk for this. And I don't know why I can't stop thinking about you." He looks unhinged and he finally takes his hands out of his hair. It sticks up wildly and he looks disheveled. It's hot but it's really not the time to linger on that.

We're just staring at each other for a long time until his phone rings. He doesn't take his eyes off me as he unhooks it from somewhere on his suit that I can't see.