Chapter 15

When I crack my eyes open, Tenya is still snoring next to me. His shifting woke me up but I can't complain since he did so to fully wrap around me, leg thrown over my hip and arms curled around me tightly.

He looks peaceful in sleep, the furrow between his brows absent and the stern look giving way to a softer, less rigid man.

My stomach growls, reminding me that I haven't really eaten in the past twenty four hours. He did offer me breakfast, so I may as well take him up on it.

"Tenya" I whisper, nudging him. He grumbles and holds onto me tighter. "Okay. I'll make breakfast" I kiss his forehead and slither out from his grip, and pad to the kitchen, throwing on his pajama shirt as I go. It hangs down to my thighs, covering my ass just enough. I keep the top few buttons open, letting the v-neck plunge between my breasts. I spot myself in a hallway mirror and like what I see. I'm feeling this outfit and really consider getting one of these shirts to sleep in.

I roll the sleeves up to my elbows to keep it out of my way while I cook. His kitchen is fully stocked and by the time I get the meal simmering on the stove, I hear his footsteps trudging toward me.

"How long have you been up?" He asks, rounding the corner with a yawn.

"Not long. I hope you don't mind that I helped myself. Made coffee too" I gesture over to his coffee maker that just finished brewing.

"If there is coffee, I do not mind" he kisses the side of my head, keeping his hand on my waist as he gets a couple mugs and pours us both a cup. "Cream and sugar?"

I tell him how I like my coffee and he passes me the mug when it's done. I take a sip and sigh. It's perfect.

"Food's ready" I announce, pulling it off the heat. Tenya passes me a couple plates and I load them. He carries them to the formal dinning table and I bring our mugs. We sit on one end of the table across from each other, eating mostly in silence. I get the feeling he's not much of a morning person but would fight through it to have civil conversation. He seems relieved that I don't try to engage in conversation until his cup of coffee is empty.

I get up and grab the pot to refill our cups and we finish them in silence before we both lean back, full and awake.

"Thank you for breakfast, it was delicious." He compliments, clearing the dishes.

"It was your food..." I trail off and he chuckles.

"Do you have... work today?" He asks, back to me as he washes the dishes in the sink. I slide myself onto the island behind him, leaning back with my hands on the counter.

"Nope" I pop the 'p' and he turns his head just enough to eye me.

"Really?"

"When I broke into that building to help you, I was basically handing in my resignation. No one would trust a villain that saves a hero and betrays their own." I explain, trying to sound more calm than I feel. I haven't really talked about my next steps, but I know that my freelance villainy is over.

He fully faces me "Are you telling me the truth?" He looks like he wants to believe me but there's a hint of skepticism there.

"I've never lied to you" I reach for him and he steps between my legs, my hands going to his face, thumbs rubbing along his cheeks.

His hands rest on my outer thighs and travel up to find that I have no underwear on. His breath hitches as his gaze finally travels down to what I'm wearing.

"Are you only in my shirt?" He can't seem to take his eyes of the top button that is hanging precariously low.

"The counter is quite cold" I pull his face to mine and press my lips to his. It takes like coffee and our breakfast as our tongues intermingle. It's almost robotic how he moves his hands against my legs and I can't help but giggle.