Staying In

Eric and I weren't up to do anything except watch tv. We started off sitting on the couch with some food and drinks around us. We were taking turns choosing what movie to watch to have our own randomized marathon. He chose first since I usually pick what we watch most of the time.

"Of course you pick the Lego Movie." I say this once he plays the movie.

"What? It's a good movie." Eric defends while also giving me a slight shove.

"Whatever you say, dude." I reply, putting my focus back on the tv.

I wasn't expecting myself to actually find the movie entertaining, but I was quite enjoying it. The only thing I really didn't like was how the main character was.

Before we both knew it, the movie was over as the credits started rolling. I then grab the remote to look for my choice of movie.

"Time to pick an actually fun movie." I say in a testing manner.

"I thought the movie was great." Eric replied. "Besides, what movie could you possibly choose that's actually good?" He challenged.

"The one that I choose will be fun for me." I retort.

I had chosen Kong: Skull Island as my movie of choice. I could see Eric giving me a side glare as I smirked in response. I had leaned back into the couch kicking my feet up with a smile on my face.

"You always pick the weirdest movies. Any other female would not chose this movie."

"I'm not like any other female. And that's why you like me."

We settled down once the movie actually started and wasn't just the intro. The movie, like all movies, started off slow. Luckily there's a good amount of action in the movie after the first half hour.

~~

"Can we move into the bedroom?" I question after the movie was done.

"You wanna do a different activity?" Eric asked, raising his eyebrows.

"No, I just wanna be able to lay back and cuddle easier."

"Of course we can, baby. C'mon let's go."

Eric leads me up the stairs to our shared room. We lay on our respective sides of the bed and get into prime cuddling position. I have my head on his chest with his arms around me. He makes me feel safe when I'm in his arms.

He turns on the tv and selects the Hulu option. Since it was his turn to choose the movie, he decided so go for a romantic comedy, much to my displeasure. After the movie had started, Eric settled his arms in a comfortable position. I immediately started to become sleepy and felt my eyes start to drop.

"This movie is actually pretty good." Eric commented.

"I still don't like the genre." I reply hazily.

"Are you about to fall asleep?" Eric questioned.

"Perhaps." I admit.

I try to keep my eyes open so I can at least watch the whole movie. I've managed to get half way through the movie before the tiredness really hit me. I let out a few yawns and Eric starts to rub my back which didn't help my situation. Succumbing to the challenge of fighting off sleep, I slowly let my eyes droop. I only opened my eyes back up again when I felt Eric laughing at something from the movie.

"How are you not tired yet? It's nearly midnight." I question groggily.

"I don't know. Guess I just have too much energy." Eric replied.

"I have an idea of how to use that energy up." I suggest...suggestively.

"Oh yeah? And how do you suppose we do that?" Eric asks, understanding what I mean.

"Let me just say, let's take another staying in day tomorrow." I answer slowly moving on top of him.

"Let me just say, I'm liking where this is going." He says with a smirk.

He pulls me down to kiss my lips and I let out a laugh. I have no idea what I would in a world without this man.

~~

A little short chapter because I have a bad habit of writing everything all at once and not elongating it. But nonetheless I hope you enjoyed! (: