𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER FIVE: NIGHTMARE

[Name] Rose walked into an unfamiliar room.

"I congratulate you, Your Majesty! It's a boy!"

He observed as several maids dashed off in different ways, some leaving the room and subsequently returning with a panicked expression on their faces, and others bringing items into the room.

WAHHHHH!

The sound of the newborn's loud wail reverberated throughout the large room, coming from the bed, which was draped over the marbled floor. Soon after, the curtains were raised, revealing a weary mother resting on a soiled bed with a newborn infant in her arms.

"His Majesty has arrived!"

As the door reopened, a voice from outside the chamber was heard, exposing a man with a golden crown on his head who hurried down to his wife. After that, he knelt and hugged his wife and child.

THUMP

[Name] clutched his head.

He knelt on the floor notwithstanding the tremendous pain.

They reminded him of something he'd seen before.

He didn't want to return, nor he didn't want to even remember what had happened.

As he tried to soothe his thoughts and push the old memories back, the scene around [Name] shifted without him noticing. [Name] then shot his head up, facing the two rulers...his parents.

...ame]...

His stomach churned as they stared at him with such hatred and contempt.

No no no no no no no...NO!

"As your highnesses have ordered, Prince [Name] of Thorns will be forced to abdicate from his throne as the crown prince and will be exiled from the Kingdom permanently!"

...me]...

[Name]...

━━━━━━━"[Name]!"

Lilia called out the young man's name, watching as [Name] gasped and sat up, his eyes blown open as cold sweat slid down his face.

The human appears to be having a nightmare.

"W-what?"

[Name] said dazedly, his heart thumping loudly in his ears as he looked around and saw Lilia, his rabbit, and his snake, all looking at him, albeit concerned.

"Goodness...you're awake, you've been moving a lot on your sleep," Lilia stated, the two animals alongside him nodding metaphorically. [Name] then let out a sigh of relief, which drew Lilia's attention.

"We don't have enough food on the storeroom."

After noticing how [Name] was still shaken up from his nightmare, Lilia blurted out of nowhere, feeling the need to distract the young man, which he did. He did not, however, lie about the lack of food.

"Oh, that's right! What about you, Lilia-san? Will you accompany me? " [Name] inquired, quickly lifting himself from the sofa after a brief slumber. The bunny hopped into his arms, which he gently held while his gaze was drawn to Lilia, who was wearing his cape and carrying the snake who curled on his shoulder.

"Of course I'll accompany you. Your naive self had no idea what it meant to be cautious."

"Hey mean!"