𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: ONCE UPON A DREAM pt

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: ONCE UPON A DREAM pt.1

The sun has finally set, and nightfall is approaching.

A full moon rises, revealing a starry night sky. A smattering of stars with sleepy eyes around the moon. The gauze-like clouds hover in the sky, seeming to conceal the castle pavilion's ethereal fairyland. The distant sky is linked to the land, creating a lovely image of heaven and earth.

In the meantime, at the roze maze, every insect and so was the owls could hear a soft rustling in the bushes of the roze that is made a big wall.

Young Prince [Name] immediately stopped his little legs from running once he arrived at the very centre of the maze. His small huffs for air filled the area after running away from the people in the castle.

He was quick to arrived at the middle of the maze, as if he knows fully the entire beautiful yet confusing maze. It was honestly surprising for someone who is very young can go in and out of the maze without a sweat and by that, late at night.

It was, afterall, his little hideout.

Away from everyone.

except...

"Brother [Nickname]!"

A voice yelled young [Name]'s name in a whispering way, followed by the incoming sounds of footsteps which he turned around only to catch a glimpse of a golden hair akin to a sun and for his small frame to be crashed by a much smaller one.

THUD

Both them fell down on the ground in a slight force as [Name] is quick enough to put his hands to the smaller kid's head to avoid getting hurt. "Are you okay, Aurora? Are you in pain?" [Name] sat up in the grassy ground and immediately searched any wounds on Aurora.

Witnessing her brother panic, Aurora knitted brows and pout grasping her brother's hand which lead [Name] to halt his movements. "I'm hurt..." She mumbled, looking away still with her lips formed into a pout. "Huh?! W-where?!" [Name] panicked before gently grabbing her arm and look for any bruises.

'Brother always worry about me but not himself...' Thought the six year old Aurora, her lips trembling slightly as she stopped herself from crying. Princesses shouldn't cry and brother doesn't like it when she cries.

Aurora needs to be strong!

"I'm hurt because you're hurt!" The young Aurora whined, hitting her brother's head with her small fists. "You always look sad!" [Name] heard her, which he simply grinned at her sudden outburst and the little punches in his head stopped when Aurora turned her back at him.

"What do you mean sad? I'm always happy." [Name] sighed softly and lie back down in the grass, watching as his little sister faced him finally. [Name] was startled when Aurora suddenly slapped his cheeks softly, mushing his face before doing a waving motion in the air.

"Brother, pain, pain fly away!" Aurora said, her small arms waving in the air. [Name]'s lips trembled, small beads of tears starting to form in his eyes before he wiped it with sleeves. The young prince felt the heaviness he felt in his heart disappeared in instant from Aurora's doing.

He feels like he didn't deserve a sister like Aurora.

"The pain finally flew away! Thank you Princess Aurora!" [Name] grinned which the young Aurora giggled. "It's my pleasure Prince [Name]!" She smiled, happy that she's able to make her brother smile.

The young prince and the princess looked up ar the starry night, with their hands linking each other. The night sky and the glimpse of the stars brought them in awe, forgetting everything around them as they let their mind drifted off somewhere else.

Elsewhere that peace existed.

How unfortunate that the word peace is ruined instantly that very night.

"AURORA!"

Anger bubbling up inside the ten year old prince as soon as he arrived at his sister's chamber. People with their faces covered in dark clothes to conceal their identities were in the chamber, and one of them had Aurora in the air, gasping for air, beads of blood flowing from her mouth.

"Oh look who's here! The magic-less prince!"

They cackled as the rest of them laughed, their voices echoing in the room as the noise on the kingdom remained deafening. "Aren't you gonna save your sister?" One of them mocked, well aware that the prince lacked magic.

"Br...b...other..." Aurora cried in pain as she dangled in the air, surrounded by the enemy's dark magic fog. She forcedly raised her hand to perform a spell on the enemies, only to cry out. Everything hurts.

Aurora's anguished voice made [Name]'s heart pound in sorrow and rage. "Get away from my sister, you imbeciles!" [Name] yelled, veins bulging in his temples. His hand gripped the hilt of the blade as he sprinted towards them, landing a strike on one of them only to be flung against the wall by dark magic, spitting up blood in the process.

ACK!

'It's pointless...' [Name] fought back tears as he heard another laugh from them, feeling excruciating pain in his head and rib. If only he had the ability to wield magic, he could protect his sister and defeat the enemies without breaking a sweat.

If only...

"We'll just have to kill them right?"