𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: a sweet reunion

Mr. Rabbit or rather, Xue Yue sighed.

In his rabbit form, he watched as the human who fed and took him in continuously babble about someone while going in and out of the kitchen. It wasn't new to him, considering how he is getting used by [Name]'s...odd behaviour. But it doesn't matter to him, he, at least gets to eat a big amount of food.

'I wonder when will Lilia-sama come back, [Name]-sama would be very ecstastic.' Xue Yue flutters his nose lightly as [Name] scoops him up in his arms. "Are you hungry Mr. Rabbit? I made some salad and fruit slices for you!" The young man, [Name] grinned at the rabbit who immediately brightened once he mentions about food.

"Wait here, I'll go get them for you. Mr. Snake is already eating his food." [Name] then gently put down the rabbit next to the reptile who continue to gobble up a piece of meat. 'After all what happened in the past, the prince still can be cheerful...' Xue Yue thought watching at the human who put down a plate filled with fruit slices and salad in front of him which he started eating.

'I could notice his carefree and child-like attitude would worsen when Lilia-sama is around.'

[Name] quitely watched the two little creatures take their time in eating their food. "I missed Lilia-san..." His mood droop slightly which caught the reptile attention and hissed at him and crawled on his arm and onto his shoulder. He chuckled once he noticed that Mr. Snake was the first one to finish as he went back at the kitchen where he left the roses he had freshly picked.

"Hmm...I wonder if⏤" He halted in the middle of clipping the thorns of the roses when there's a sudden knock on the door, before another knock followed. No words or so whatever was spoken. Just a knock.

"..."

A quick yet deafening silence passed after the knocking stop, [Name] quietly put down the roses and grab the hilt of knife.

Everything were unusually quiet, the birds stopped singing, the leaves of the trees were still as well as the loudness of the crickets. It's as if the sounds around the forest had disappeared out of nowhere. Somehow it doesn't sit quiet right.

Xue Yue and even [Name] knew there's clearly something wrong.

Another knock.

And another.

With cautious movements, [Name] makes his approach to the window and slowly peers out.

Who

"LOOK OUT!"