Chapter 6

Jungkook’s legs continuously shake under the table. His palms feel like sweating a lot, he is rubbing them on his thighs from time to time.

A lot has happened in the last couple of days.

His life has taken almost a 180 degree turn which he never expected.

Maybe that’s why he is now sitting on a chair in a pizza bar, specifically, the pizza bar Taehyung works and waiting for him but he is nowhere to be seen.

Part of him feels relaxed that he is not here. Part of him feels frustrated because he is not here. 

The urge to see Taehyung never went down since the day he met him and it’s scary. So scary because he is questioning himself at this point. 

There is no way he can deny that he is attracted to Taehyung. He is. He is so fucking attracted to him and that shit is really scary for the image he has already.

“Looking for me again?” Jungkook’s heart dropped a beat as soon as he heard the voice behind him. He looked back and saw Taehyung looking at him with a smug look on his face. 

He came and pulled a chair beside him to sit down.

“Don’t you have work to do?” Jungkook asks then, trying to be cool.

“I have taken off for today. So tell me why are you here? Pretty sure not to eat pizza because you could have ordered it by now.” 

Damn it. Jungkook always gets caught in the act.

“Okay. You win. Yes I came here to meet you. I came to say thank you.” 

After Jungkook finishes, Taehyung looks way more shocked than he should have. Because this was absolutely not what he was expecting. He was expecting some angry remarks to be honest.

“Wow, I didn’t expect that from you.”

“Why? You think I am an asshole always or what?”

Taehyung couldn’t hold back his laugh at this. He shook his head and laughed his heart out. Jungkook watched him with an expression that no one could tell what it was. But it looked like Jungkook was admiring the scene before him.

“No. I don’t think you are an asshole. You just choose to be sometimes.”

“Very funny.”

“Okay but why are you thanking me?”

Yes. Why is he thanking him? All of a sudden? He didn’t think of this question? What is he gonna answer now?

“You were right. I do lose my temper. It has always been my weak point. But that day, in the game, I don't know but I was really calm. Maybe your advice helped.” Jungkook then took out the bandana Taehyung gave him and placed it on the table. 

“Thank you for this.”

Taehyung notices how visibly his features soften and he looked genuinely thankful. This- this does things to Taehyung’s heart. Yes it’s true that he was trying to flirt with him but it was all playful. But this little thanking makes Taehyung feel warm inside. 

For the first time, it’s Taehyung who looks flustered.

“No need to mention it. You can keep it.” Taehyung says then, not finding a better word to reply with. 

Jungkook plays with the thing in his hand, he wasn’t looking at Taehyung. He thought if he did look him in the eye, he won’t be able to say anything. But he doesn’t stay quiet either.

“You came to the game, and said you weren’t there for basketball. Why were you there?” He couldn’t help asking this. 

Because there’s no possible explanation for this and Jungkook wasted nights thinking about why Taehyung would say that. Part of him wanted to hear that Taehyung was there for him. Just the thought of it made him feel ecstatic and if it was true, he doesn’t know what he might do.

“I went there to accompany my friend.”

There. There goes Jungkook’s hope reduced to ashes.

Taehyung notices the light in Jungkook’s eyes is gone for a moment. And it makes him feel so giddy inside. He doesn’t understand the evil pleasure he gets by teasing him. 

He kicks Jungkook under the table to which Jungkook makes a noise of pain.

“The fuck was that?”

“I am kidding silly. I went there to see how good you actually play. I just heard from people.”

Jungkook relaxes on his seat a bit. But he doesn’t show how good that answer made him feel. The ego in him is still working up.

“Oh, so you ask about me to people.” He smirks. Finally he got his chance to tease back. He leaned back in his chair and placed his hands behind his head. Taehyung’s eyes couldn’t help but focus on the tattooed arm that looked so buff, that he almost felt something inside.

“Okay, what if I do?” Taehyung leaned on the table, placing his elbows on it and resting his chin on his palm. 

“Why? Like me too much?”

“And if I do?”

This is the point when Jungkook has nothing to reply with. He remains completely silent because the thought of Taehyung liking him makes his mind go into a tizzy and his whole body is feeling goosebumps.

Jungkook remains amused just how casually Taehyung gets up from the chair and orders food for them, talking about random stuff like they have known each other for ages. Or maybe it just feels like they are two college boyfriends on a dat-

 no Jungkook what the hell are you thinking

Jungkook quickly shakes his thoughts off and takes out his phone to see Jimin’s numerous texts.

“I have to go, Jimin is calling.” he says and Taehyung nods in agreement.

“See you later then, Jungkookie.”

“What?”

“I said see you later.”

“No, what did you call me?”

“Oh, Jungkookie? Just thought it suits you. You are cute.”

Before Jungkook could reply anything to that, Jimin called again and Taehyung also left. But maybe Jungkook didn’t mind Taehyung calling him that in the first place.