Chapter 8

Yoongi cards his fingers through Jimin's hair as he lays on his boyfriend's thigh. Reading some books that Yoongi doesn't know. He is busy watching tv but not forgetting to show his boyfriend that he is there and showing him affection.

Jimin drops the book on the floor and looks at Yoongi.

"Babe, do you think there's some changes in Jungkook?" He asks suddenly and Yoongi looks at him with a confused expression.

"Huh? changes? What kind of changes?"

Jimin now gets up and sits crossed legged on the couch, facing Yoongi.

"I don't know but there is. It's not the weird or bad kind. I see him smiling more. When he is alone." Yeah Jimin noticed that. He has classes with Jungkook and he notices how Jungkook gets zoned out, smiling in his thoughts, or while practicing he checks himself out in the mirror and smiles.

"Okay that's good, why are you thinking about this though?" Yoongi still can't understand the reason.

"He even stopped hooking up with girls."

There, now Yoongi is all attentive and involved in the conversation.

"Are we talking about the same Jungkook? Like, is he our Jungkookie?"

"Of course silly! Our Jungkookie! The one who lives here!"

This is very shocking news for Yoongi. Because The Jungkook he knows, is known for his playboy aura. There's not one day he is not hooking up with anyone. And now you are telling me he stopped?

This sounds like the 8th wonder of the world.

"To be honest, I think it's good for him. This won't take him anywhere anyway. He was just playing around and maybe he understood that it's time to finally stop." Yoongi's hand goes to caress the clothed skin of Jimin's thighs. It's a habit. Having skin to skin contact. He just can't help himself.

"And, I think he is seeing someone too." Yoongi stops caressing his thigh and looks at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Look, I am his best friend and I know my limits. I am not gonna ask him or tell him anything but I just need to let it out okay?" Jimin says and Yoongi understands him. Jimin never wants anything bad for Jungkook, nor does Yoongi.

"He is leaving practice earlier these days, and running away from class as soon as the bell rings. I don't see him on campus most of the time."

"Maybe he is busy somewhere?" 

"Busy where? He doesn't even do a part time job and as far as I know he has no friends other than us. He doesn't even go to Jin hyung's. I know this because Jin hyung asked me about him and I connected the dots."

Yoongi lets out a smile and brings Jimin closer to him. Wrapping his arms around his waist.

"You should be a detective, you know? Leave basketball."

"Oh shut up." Jimin tries to push him away but Yoongi is quick enough to take him in his arms.

"I used to get nightmares after that day. I was so scared that he would tell my mom and she would misunderstand me."

Jungkook's lips tremble when he says that. He is sitting under a large tree. Far away from his university in a vast field where it's just green everywhere. The air is so fresh and the surroundings are peaceful. And this is something he never told anyone. But in a place like this, he just wanted to let it out and feel free of the burden in his chest.

Taehyung is sitting beside him, knees folded over the chest, hugging with his arms. His all attention is on Jungkook.

"I shut myself up from a lot of things and forced myself into believing-" He can't finish. His voice cracks and Taehyung comes closest to him, holding his hand in his.

"It's okay, you don't need to say anything." He rubs his thumb over his knuckles, assuring him that he is here and he has nothing to fear right now.

Jungkook sniffs. Looked like he was about to cry but he didn't. Taehyung gets up and tugs Jungkook with him.

"Get up, let's go catch the butterflies." He says and Jungkook snorts.

"I am not a kid."

Taehyung knees in front of  him. Still holding his hand.

"You don't need to be a kid to enjoy the wonders of nature."

His words hold deep meaning in it. And it affects Jungkook like magic. He has seen so many people in his life. But no one had this effect on him the way Taehyung has.

Jungkook lets Taehyung put the effect on him. Because he likes it. He likes the way Taehyung sees things. He likes the way Taehyung makes people understand things and it's so comforting.

Jungkook has people like him in his life. Jimin, Yoongi, Jin. But they are all different in one point. With them, Jungkook doesn't feel the attraction he feels with Taehyung. He likes Taehyung to be close to him. He likes when Taehyung holds his hand. He likes when Taehyung tries to make him smile.

He likes Taehyung.

And so he gets up. Runs in the field of flowers where butterflies are flying over the colorful petals. Tries to softly touch the wings of the butterfly that is painted in the same shade of the delicate flowers and Taehyung- Taehyung thinks Jungkook is just like those delicate flowers and flying butterflies.

Beautiful and free.

Taehyung doesn’t know how much Jungkook is hiding behind his cold self. But he knows that everyone has their limits. Maybe Jungkook touched the limit and now finally he wants to open up.

Watching him smile and laugh, running to catch the butterflies and picking the flowers to tuck behind his ear, Taehyung feels so warm in his heart that Jungkook is enjoying himself forgetting the worries.

Taehyung will try his best so that no worries ever touch him.

He takes slow steps towards Jungkook and stands behind him. Jungkook was unaware so when he turned back, he almost collided with Taehyung but Taehyung was quick to hold him by his waist but it was too late.

They both fall on the ground, Jungkook on top of Taehyung, his hands over Taehyung’s chest while Taehyung’s on his waist.

Their eyes meet and they stay like that for some time.

Jungkook’s heart has started to race faster as it always does whenever he is close to Taehyung. And now he is pressed against him so his mind almost stopped functioning properly. Their faces are so close and the way Taehyung is looking at his eyes makes Jungkook want to dig a grave and lie down there because he feels so shy right now.

“You smell like pine.” Taehyung says and Jungkook blinks.

“What?”

“You, you smell like pine.”

“Ugh.” He says and quickly gets up before he blushes even more. There is a tiny line appearing on his forehead which makes Taehyung laugh out loud.

“Looks like someone is disappointed.”

“What disappointment? I am not disappointed in anything.” Jungkook starts walking. They have been here for quite a long time. They should head out.

“Sure, where are you going though?” Taehyung also gets up and follows him.

“College. And um- can we go separately?” Jungkook hesitates saying this.

Now there is an expression of disappointment in Taehyung’s face but he hides it quite professionally.

“Yeah no problem.”

And they part ways.