𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. the first of the worst

chapter eighteen

chapter eighteen.
( the first of the worst )

              ASCELLA BLACK PACED RELENTLESSLY IN THE BOYS' dormitory, her finger placed anxiously in her mouth as the party of celebration below ensued

              ASCELLA BLACK PACED RELENTLESSLY IN THE BOYS' dormitory, her finger placed anxiously in her mouth as the party of celebration below ensued. She wasn't usually one to ignore a party, but the anxious nerves bubbling in her gut prevent her from slipping into the common room.

              After Dumbledore's unexpected reveal that Harry was now the fourth champion in the Triwizard Tournament, it was as if time had momentarily stopped. Ascella's jaw had fallen wide open with shock, Hermione's eyes had practically bulged from their sockets, and Ron stared at Harry as though he were a stranger, before a look of disdain fell upon his face.

              When Harry had finally stood up and disappeared into the chambers below, whispers of fury and suspiciousness had ensued, eyes continuously flickering to the three remaining Gryffindors, all whom were unable to say anything to each other.

              Once they had all been dismissed for the night, Ascella rushed to the boys' dormitories, in an attempt to remove herself from the stares and scattered whispers of malice that were echoing around her.

              And that was how she found herself in the Gryffindor boys' dorms, nervously waiting for Harry to return. She wasn't sure what exactly she was going to say to him, but all she knew, was that she needed to see him.

              The door flung open, and Harry entered, his eyes blank with fear but his cheeks held a flush of fury on them. Ascella froze in her movements, stormy eyes meeting his emerald irises. For a fleeting moment, the two just stared at one another, no words shared between them.

              "Oh, Harry . . ." sighed Ascella, tackling him in a tight hug, her arms wrapping around his neck as his fell to her waist. "Are you okay?"