Epilogue

Some months later

Ebony's POV

I sat on the bed with Loki, smiling as Kenna told us all about her latest adventure with Rowan. Loki kept his arms around me and his chin rested on the top of my head. He chuckled as Kenna said something and I smiled when I felt the rumble travel through me. Kenna stopped, out of breath. She grinned and then plopped down.

"Finished already?" I asked. She nodded.

"Can I stay for the anniversary presents?" I nodded and she smiled even wider. Loki untangled himself from me and rolled across the bed to his side. He pulled out a small black box.

"Kenna helped me find this actually. Remember when," he rolled back, "we went to Alfheim with Thor for some negotiations and such?" I nodded, looking at the box. "Well...I lied. Thor went for negotiations. We went elsewhere. You see, there's a gigantic waterfall. The river that flows into it is roughly translated into Promise Springs. Behind the falls, the bravest travelers can get into a cave. If they can make it in, they'll find these."

He opened the box to reveal a deep blue stone. He took it out, dangling it on a silken slip of fabric. I bent my head, grinning as he slipped in on me. He tapped it to my chest and I gasped as it flashed. The inside seemed to move and swirl, as though the image of the falls and their surrounding pools was forever caught in its glassy surface.

Kenna jumped up. "It's a promise gem!"

I smiled up at Loki. He took my hand and kissed me. "I've made quite a few promises to you. I just wanted to give you something to..." He shrugged. "Represent them, I suppose."

My smile only grew and I pulled him close to kiss him. "Thank you." I murmured, touching the gem. Kenna bounced up to me.

"What did you get him?"

I chuckled. "Well...I didn't get him anything. But I do have a gift. And it's for you too!" Her eyes widened and she bounced into my lap, waiting. I smiled as I saw the confusion on Loki's face. "You'll have to be patient though. It's not finished just yet. I need another...oh eight months?"

Kenna frowned and Loki's eyes grew impossibly wide. Kenna slid off my lap, her arms folded. "Why?!"

Loki scooted closer, still holding my hand tightly. "Are you sure?" I smiled, nodding. He grinned and laughed, grabbing Kenna and spinning with her. She giggled and held on. "Oh, it's a wonderful day, my girl! You are going to be a big sister!" Her eyes widened and she looked at me. I nodded. They spun around the room together, celebrating. I sat on the bed, watching them and laughing. Thor opened the door slowly, and looked in, confused. Kat stood behind him.

Kenna ran to them. "I'm gonna be a big sister!" She cried. Thor and Kat turned to me, wide eyed. I nodded again. The room, again, erupted into cries of joy and celebration. I felt a cold tap on my shoulder and turned to see Merek. He'd teleported in, it seemed. I smiled at him. He was dressed in plain clothing and his eyes were uncovered, as they often were nowadays. He shifted nervously on his feet.

"Congratulations." He murmured, disappearing again. I smiled and turned back to my growing family. My eyes fixed on Loki, swinging Kenna around in a dance as she giggled uncontrollably. I smiled. Life was finally settled and as I sat back, I came to the realization that life wasn't just good. It was perfect.

--------

So that's it! It's finally edited, hopefully for the last time. I want to thank every single one of you for reading and commenting, following and voting. I love you all!

The third, and last, book is Winter of Yggdrasil. It's finally been edited so I hope you enjoy.