chapter 6

y/n pov

I ran and ran , I ran out of school and ran to the nearest park. I found a bench and sat down.

I dropped my backpack by the bench and brought my hands up to my face and cried.

it hurt. I was just trying to be nice and helpful, but I guess some people just don't want any help.

and not only that, he stepped on my cookies. I'm fine with him telling me that he doesn't want to be my friend, but smashing those cookies that I spent my time making was just harsh.

I cried and cried. the sun was setting and I decided to tell yeonjun that i was coming home late.

I didn't know if he knew what happened earlier , but I hope he doesn't, because then he'll be mad at taehyun.

as I was lost in my thoughts, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I quickly looked back and it was bahi.

"oh my gosh, I finally found you!! I've been looking for you ever since you ran out!" She said, relieved.

I didn't say anything , but I just hugged her and started crying again.

she just stayed silent while comforting me and rubbed my back for even more comfort.

after a while I finally calmed down and pulled away from bahi. "s-sorry, I got your shirt wet." I apologized, as I saw her shirt was covered in my tears.

"really, that's what your saying?" she chuckled.

"listen, I'm sorry for what happened earlier. if I would've known that taehyun would lash out like that, I would've never told you to give him cookies, better yet try to understand him." bahi apologized.

"it's funny. you're the one apologizing yet you've done nothing wrong" I laughed bitterly.

she smiled sadly at me. "look, you don't have to keep doing this. I mean he's just gonna do this again and again" bahi said to me.

"well if he shows me that he wants to be understood, then I'll try. but I don't think that's going to happen. but I still have a little hope for him" I said.

"hey" we both turned to look at the voice that spoke from behind us. we both widened our eyes at who it was.

"t-taehyun..what are you doing here?" I asked, suddenly scared.

"chill, I need to talk with you" he said, looking directly at me. that eye contact made me slightly blush. 'what the, why am I blushing'

"no way, not after what you did earlier." bahi stood up.

"bahi it's fine, wait for me?" I assured her. she sighed and glared at taehyun. "fine. but you better not pull a stunt like earlier" she threatened Taehyun.

she rolled his eyes and bahi walked away from us.

there was a long , akward silence. but then taehyun came and sat right next to me."look, I know I'm not the best with new people, but I have my reasons. and I'm hoping that you can understand that." he started off by saying.

"I have a bad past, and I told it to beomgyu and them , but they don't understand, they say 'the past is the past' and that I should get over it. but the thing is , I can't. I'm scared that it'll happen again." he ranted.

I was Hesitantly listening to him. I wanted to comfort him by hugging him, but I thought that would be too fast.

so instead I hesitantly put my hand on his back and slowly patted it.

"have you ever had something in your past haunt you, and make you scared of making that same mistake again?" he suddenly asked me.
I stayed silent for a moment, not knowing whether I should tell him about my past or not.

"yeah, like I said, nobody under-" "actually yes" I interrupted him.

he looked shocked. "wait, you understand what I'm saying and feeling?" he asked.

"yeah. you see , when yeonjun was born, my family was happy. and then 2 years later, I was born. but my family didn't like the fact that I was their daughter." I started explaining.

"they thought that since I wasn't as tall or as talented as yeonjun, that I was useless. they wanted to abandon me and leave me on the streets. but yeonjun didn't let them, he cared about me and showed me the love that I should've received from my parents" I continued.

"that was until my 12th birthday. that was when my parents made yeonjun make a decision. to either leave me on the streets, or take me with yeonjun and live on our own." I started to tear up thinking about it.

"and yeonjun chose to take me with him. and ever since, he's been my brother, and a father figure at the same time." I finished the story.

"and I can't help but think, was I not good enough? and that yeonjun's life would be so much better if it wasn't for me." I was sobbing at this point.

"I don't want yeonjun to have to make a hard decision like that ever again. and I try to be just like him so other people don't think I'm useless" I cried harder.

he went silent.

but then he pulled me into his embrace. and let me cry into his chest. I started to push him away because of what he said earlier.

"I-I thought you d-didn't want me c-close t-to you" I stuttered in between my sobs.

"look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to lash out like that, but you just..remind me so much of...her" he mumbled the last part.

"who's her?" I asked. "someone I'll tell you about when I trust you. right now I don't really trust you. but since you told me your past, I'm willing to try and .. trust you I guess" Taehyun said.

"thank you taehyun. I promise I won't be bad to you. I just want to be there for you when you need me" I said.

"can you answer my question?" Taehyun asked me. I nodded and told him to continue.

"why? why do you want to know so much about me?" he asked.

I thought about my answer for a bit , but then answered him.

"well , at first I just did it because yeonjun and bahi wanted me to apparently 'be the one to change you' but once I started trying to get close to you, I could see that you were hurting. and being the person I am, I don't want you to suffer by yourself, even if you hate me. so I guess it's because I care about you." I confessed , looking down.

we stayed silent for a moment, but unlike before, it was a comfortable silence.

"well now that I know your reason, I guess I trust you a little more. but can you promise me one thing?" he asked me.

"uh sure, what is it?" I asked him.

"promise to be patient with me. this is going to take some time, and I know that, but please don't give up on me." he said, looking right into my eyes.

"do you promise?" He asked me.

"I promise taehyun..."