chapter 23

y/n pov

what that girl said kept running through my mind.

I knew I wasn't a slut or anything like that, but her words made me feel like I don't deserve him.

he shouldn't deserve someone as low as me.

someone who can't afford to buy nice things because her and her brother are orphans, or someone that isn't half as pretty as all the other girls at school.

he deserves someone better than me.

I cried , I buried my face into his back as he gave me a piggy back ride to somewhere where the 2 of us could be alone.

after moments of silence, I lifted my head off of his back and saw that we were at a lookout.

"Taehyun how did you know this place existed?" I asked, choking on my tears.

"I come here when I need to be alone, and calm myself for a bit, so I thought this was the perfect place to take you" he said.

That made me cry even more. not only does he care for someone who doesn't deserve him, but he also doesn't see it.

"yah, y/n what's wrong??" he asked concerned.

he came to me and cupped both of my cheeks in his large hands. "c-cant you see?! I don't deserve you! that girl was right!" I yelled.

"what do you mean? y/n yes yo-" he spoke, but I interrupted him.

"no. taehyun, no. you deserve a pretty , beautiful girl who has money and who is talented and will push you to want to get better. not someone like me. someone who can hardly afford the apartment bill each month, someone is isnt even half as pretty as the other girls at school, someone that wasn't even wanted by her own parents." I ranted, while sobbing.

my hands clutched at his hoodie.

"Choi freaking y/n, don't you dare talk about yourself that way ever again!" he said in a deep , scary voice.

"b-but it's tru-" "I SAID STOP!" he suddenly screamed.

I flinched at his sudden outburst.

"y/n, do you think I want someone who is rich and only wants me for my looks or money? NO! I want someone that is you. the most beautiful girl I've ever laid eyes on, the girl that can sing, dance, and rap, the girl that conquered all of her challenges throughout her life, the girl that wanted to help me, the girl that stole my heart away, the girl that I love. it's you y/n" he said.

I cried, but this time, in happiness.

"y-you really love me even though my life's a mess?" I asked, in a almost whisper.

he nodded. "I love you just the way you are y/n. I don't care that your not as wealthy as me or the people at school, I don't care that you think that your uglier than the other girls because in my eyes, you're so freaking beautiful. I don't care about anyone else but you, you stole my heart away y/n" he confessed.

I buried my head in his chest and sobbed.

"I-I love you too Taehyun. I thought you would never like me when we first met, but when you finally opened up to me I realized you were sweet, caring, and lovable. yeah you don't show  that to a lot of people but that's what makes me feel special" I confessed .

"even on the days where we had a fight , you still wouldn't end the day without talking it out with me. and that .. that day you kissed me... I thought you did it because your emotions were out of control. but then you kept doing it, and you kept showing me that affection that I have longed for, and I realized that I loved you" I rambled on.

taehyun smiled at my sudden confession.

taehyun pulled my face up to be leveled with his and stared at me adoringly.

"please y/n, don't ever think lowly of yourself again" he pleaded. I sniffled , but nodded my head.

we both laughed . I laid my head on his shoulder as we sat in a comfortable silence while staring out into the distance.

a couple minutes later we decided to head back. taehyun stood up and offered his hand, which I gladly accepted.

we made our way back to the apartments , taking our time because we wanted to enjoy our last moments with each other until we had to part ways.

"hey tae, can you take me back to your mansion soon? I wanna see your little brother again. I want to give him a gift, because he's just so cute!!" I squealed thinking about his cute little brother.

taehyun laughed and nodded his head.

we eventually made our way back to the apartments and I looked at the time and saw that hs was only 5pm.

"hey tae, wanna stay a little longer since it's still kind of early?" I asked him. he nodded with a bright smile and we walked into my apartment.

yeonjun was there watching TV and eating ramen.

"so yeonjun, how was your day?" I asked innocently. he looked at me weirdly.

"ok first of all I need to know that you're ok, because girl, do you remember what you did 3 hours ago? I've known you your whole life and haven't ever seen you hit someone that hard" yeonjun dramatically said.

I rolled my eyes. "yah I'm fine!" I said.

"oh hey taehyun!! you know the rule, door stays open as long as I'm here" yeonjun stated. eyeing us both.

we laughed and I dragged taehyun to my room.

we sat and cuddled for about 10 minutes, but then the doorbell rang.

"don't worry love birds I'll get it!" Yeonjun yelled from the living area. we heard him run to the door.

"I wonder who's at the door?" I asked, curiously. "maybe he ordered food?" Taehyun suggested.

"GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME AND Y/N AND LEAVE US ALONE LIKE YOU DID BEFORE!!" We heard yeonjun scream from the door.

we both got up and ran to the door, to make sure yeonjun was ok.

"yah yeonjun what's going on?" I asked him. he looked pissed.

"oh you still live with this little bitch?" the woman said . she looked older. like she could be a mom.

"stop talking to her like that. you haven't changed at all mom or should I even call you that after what you've done to us in the past" yeonjun snarled.

"wait ... she's my m-mom?"...