Episode 12 - Favors For Enemies

You woke up early again by accident. You grabbed your phone and forced your tired eyes to look at the time. The bright screen displayed the time as 6:30 in the morning

"It's the weekend anyway.." You thought to yourself and closed your eyes, Before you quickly remembered what day today was. Saturday. That Saturday.

The Saturday where you had to meet up with Yumi at her house. Saying it like that made it sound like she was going to kidnap you, but knowing her, she probably would. If she really wanted to.

You jumped out your bed and ran to the bathroom.

"Her house is hella far away, I'm not going to get there in time if I leave an hour from now" You panicked silently to yourself

You got out the bathroom and back into your room to put on something comfortable. basically, just a white tee, and grey sweatpants. You slipped your shoes on, grabbed your phone and dashed through the door, locking it behind you

You ran all the way to the front of where the dorms where before stopping when you realized that you couldn't walk, let alone run that far to her house.

You pulled out your phone from your pocket to call an uber. As you finished the order and closed the app, you felt someone quietly walk up next to you. Feeling slightly on edge, turned to look at them to see Kyran looking at the ground under his feet.

You awkwardly said hello, the gesture surprising him

"Oh.. hey"

"You heading there too?"

"Yeah.. Sorry for asking but, Can I go into the uber with you?"

"Sure, don't worry about it." You took a short pause to think clearly about what to say next since you were still half asleep, "What do you think she wants? I'm pretty sure that question has been on your mind this whole time, but I can't really understand why'd she want to talk in private."

"It's not just us though."

You looked at him and thought about what he said. Was there actually more people coming? How many and for what reason?

You looked up at Kyran again, "Do you have any idea who?"

"Alec will."

"How do you know that? Do you still.. talk to him?"

He turned to face in front of the both of you. After the night of Yumi's first murder, the two of you found out Alec was in on it. Being naive middle schoolers, the two of you agreed to keep shut for him. The friendship slowly fell apart after that but there was an unwritten rule about talking to him between the two of you.

You'd kept the promise up to this point but you weren't sure if Kyran did.

You didn't force him to look at you, you didn't raise your voice, "Do you?"

"..No. He just texted me last night. Said he was.. glad to be able to see us again. Even if.. we didn't like him."

You didn't have enough time to reply as the uber pulled up in front of you

Both of you entered the vehicle and sat in silence on the way to Yumi's house.

✧✧✧

"Thank you" you said to the driver as you stepped out

Kyran and you walked up to the Aishi estate; a beautiful large mansion. Too bad it belonged to someone like her.

You looked at Kyran, "Ready?'

"I think so.." slight pause, "Yeah. I am." He said more confident

You rang the door bell and like Halloween bash, it took a little while for someone to open the door.