Episode 18 - Stealth

Kyran successfully unlocked the door. He forced it open with a push and he nearly fell down taking the door with him

"Ha loser was about to fall" you joked around

"Funny." He murmured. "Anyways, what is this place?"

You looked around the small boring room full of old boxes that smelled of old paper.

Some had notebooks and some had random trinkets in them. Broken keys, empty envelopes, and even some ripped up clothes.

But they all had one thing in common; each box had a corresponding number with another.

You grabbed a random notebook from a random box and read out loud.

#52
The Lipstick Murder
Woman in late 30's murdered on the night of 02/12/2008. Whereabouts still unknown.
CASE: CLOSED

You thought for a bit.

"If this is the police station that's questioning YH students.."

"Do you guys think Valerie's case is here too?" You blurted out

Funneh looked around, "Maybe"

She reached for a notebook in the box with the most recent case number, #292, and read out loud

#292
School Culprit
Principal of Yandere High reported tragic incedent of school bullying. Animal blood was used to threaten the victim, Valerie Maki.

"So.. Valerie is being bullied? But by who? And why? She's such a sweet girl.." Gold worried for her.

"But look." Kyran took the book and pointed towards the words, "They spelled incident wrong.. what if.. Is this even legitimate?"

Gold and Funneh's eyes looked surprised.

"But that's just a spelling error.. no one would be able change the records, would they?" Funneh tried to rationalize.

You were quick to argue against her. "Considering it was pretty easy for us to come in here, I don't think it would've been any different for the culprit."

Before Funneh could say anything, Kyran sided with you.

"Y/N has a point. And look at the photos they have of evidence. The window was written on with what I assume is the animal blood. It says 'Your Next'"

What he was trying to say clicked. You added on, "If someone did change the case details, there's a good chance it was the same person that wrote on the window."

Kyran flipped to the next page. It was the police log. It had all the important times from when the investigation started. As expected, there wasn't anything new.

He put the book back and decided to look at the evidence box.

You all looked in and the stuff they had in there wasn't anything that seemed helpful. They looked random and without significance.

"Ugh.. To us it looks like nothing but we need an explanation of why these things count as evidence."

Kyran looked at a laptop, grabbed it, and tried to open it before realizing that right there might not have been the best place.

He hid it before he called for your attention. "Y/N, I need you to come with me. We'll head out first."

Before you could agree, he grabbed your wrist and ushered you out of the room, out the hallway and past the policemen.

You reached the stairs outside of the station and he finally let go.

"What was that all about?" You hissed. "And why did you take that laptop? You're going to get us in trouble"