Chapter 24: Happily Ever After?

**Peaks over computer screen** PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!  I AM SOOOO SORRY you guys but life really hasn't been taking it easy on me. I went through a bit of writer's block but I still have tons of fun characters in my head that were begging to be put on paper so.....I have been writing just not for this story...I've been a very bad author....ANYWAY, for those of you that don;t go on my page or aren't fans you can check it out to see what the hold up on all this was.

Dedicated to : rehamosh88 for her continuous support, you are a true fan and I really appreciated your caring and understandiing messages.

Copyright: All Rights Reserved

Ch. 24: Happily Ever After?

“Caeden! Wait up!” I yelled after my very impatient mate. We were currently rushing through the town hall as we made our way to the ball room. Today is Ema’s mating ball and the last time I saw the girl was this morning when she needed my help with her hair and makeup. Things were still a little tense between her and Caeden but I knew that it was only that way because he felt hurt. He and Ema had always had a close relationship and the fact that she felt like she couldn’t come to him with news that huge really cut deep for him.

I’m doing my best to mend the relationship, but I’ll only push so far. In brighter news, my first heat was finally over! Marta told me that it would come at different intervals until I get pregnant, I made sure to inform Caeden that we would have to get through quite a few heats. The De Luca’s were non to happy with our decision not to reign over their territory. For some reason Alpha de Luca felt that I would welcome him with open arms and want to explore their pack and traditions. Unfortunately, I’m not that forgiving. Sarah has also been begging Caeden to be in his good graces but every time she sees me she sneers and utters words that have me wishing that I could put her through a wall.

Catalina and I were getting on great. She filled in all the little details and answers that I desperately yearned for. Our relationship was closer than ever and between her and Marta I felt like I was never missing out on a mother figure in my life.

“I’m sorry love, I just don’t want to ruin Ema’s entrance.” Caeden told me with a small frown on his face as he slowed down and let me catch up with him and my arm that he was dragging me by. I laughed and pecked him on the cheek causing him to grin.

“It’s ok, I promise we won’t ruin it. The girl has been planning every single detail of this thing since I met her.” I told him lightheartedly causing him to laugh, as we started an easy stroll to the ballroom. When we entered on the stairs everyone’s eyes drifted towards us. I hadn’t realized there would be quite so many packs, but from all the different faces and packed atmosphere, I was already feeling claustrophobic. I leaned into my mate trying to comfort my human side as I fought my wolf’s need to not look weak.

The room was huge and decorated elaborately as only Emaline could plan. The colors were vibrant, yet soft at the same time. She had small crystal ornaments hanging about all over the ceilings and the chocolate fountain that she absolutely couldn’t live without was the life of the party.

“I hadn’t realized so many people would be here.” I said under my breath. I felt Caeden shrug, and quickly looked up at him. “You knew though didn’t you? And failed to tell me?” I questioned and his warm, smiling blue eyes met mine before a chuckle escaped him.

“Hey, Emaline wanted to have everyone that entered to be welcomed over a microphone, you should be lucky my father and I were able to talk her out of that.” Caeden told me as he shifted his hand from the small of my back to a firm, possessive grip around my waist. We finally reached the bottom of the stairs and we were immediately swarmed by different pack members to congratulate us on finding each other, and Caeden on the mating. I was actually surprised by how friendly everyone was and before I knew it everyone was being ‘shushed’ as Caeden and Emaline’s father took the stage at the top of the stairs to grab the microphone.