Where Are His Marbles?!

Hey my loves! I just wanted to apologize for the wait and the last update. I thought I posted more pages but only 3 came up, I apologize for that so this chapter is a bit longer than usual. I hope you all enjoy! Thank you for all of the votes 104 for the last chapter?! And all the comments?! I love it lol

Dedicated to Lulipy for always voting and commenting. I love you all Happy Reading!

Also a few of you have messaged me some very good guesses but I am not telling you'll just have to keep reading lol

Copyright: Attrib. Non-comm. No-derivs

______________________________________

Chapter 16: Where Are His Marbles?!

Caeden’s POV:

After Emmerson had tracked Vanessa’s scent he proceeded to estimate how many other unfamiliar scents were in the space. Not including Jason and the other 2douches that had been in Vanessa’s home, since he immediately recognized those, and more. I gathered more men, that hadn’t been out on patrols already and we began heading towards where Angel and Nate were trying to corner the rogues.

Although I wanted nothing more than to protect my mate, I knew that as Alpha I also had to protect my pack members. Rogues are dangerous and ruthless. Therefore I couldn’t let the 9 wolves that were originally on patrols attack a group of rogues without our backup.

Despite all of that we reached them rather quickly. The only problem was that we were only a few minutes away from the Cabrera Creek pack lines. Soon we would be imposing on another packs territory. I had to send one of my younger wolves, Dominic, to go back and ask my father to call Alpha de Luca and ask for permission to enter into his territory if necessary.

Until then we would not be able to cross the pack lines without unintentionally starting a war between the two packs.

“Can you smell that?” I asked the other members as we started running east.

“Their scents are getting stronger.” Emmerson growled.

“How do you want us to go about this alpha?” Nate asked, looking almost as disturbed as I was. I don’t understand why, I mean I’m upset because my mate and my sister were taken. Maybe he was taking his job of defending his Luna seriously.

“I want us to split up and attack from all angles, except in front since we can’t cross into the other territory. I had about 18 wolves with me so we split into uneven groups and ran in wolf form as quickly as possible towards the scents of our fellow pack members.

“We are almost there! Stay low and check your surroundings. We can’t be sure of what the rogues have planned.” I said to all of the men with me threw the link.

“I’ve told Ema we aren’t too far away and she has notified me that they are rapidly approaching the border.” Nate said to me through the link. I was in the group attacking from the back, we weren’t protected by any cover whatsoever and I wasn’t concerned about that at all. The other two groups I had slumming in behind the trees on the left and right.

The wind was bitterly cold and it was eerily quiet besides the sound of tons of wolf paws. The sound of the trees rustling had me looking over my shoulders a lot to make sure there were no other rogues that would attack.

Soon I could see the long dark curtain of my mate’s hair draped over the back of a rogue. Her hands seemed to be bound behind her back and I could smell the silver from here. Silver didn’t necessarily weaken us at first, but it did hinder our ability to control our motor skills on our own. It’s kind of like being high, or in an out of body experience. It’s calming but also makes you feel weak at the same time. But the longer we have it touching us, the more effects there are.