Strange Men In My House...

Hey loves! 2nd update in 2days!! How much do ya love me??? Lol well anyway I'm not sure about this chapter, it's more of a filler, I don't know, I may go back and re-do it in the near future depending on the response. I promise this is all leading somewhere but everything kind of has to fall in place, ya know?

Anyway I hope you all enjoy, I worked really hard to get this up so early!

Happy Reading!

Copyright Attrib. non-comm. No-derivs (CC)

************************************************************************************

Chapter 6:

Jason put me behind his back and crouched down protectively in front of me. I assume he was trying to get as much space between them and me as possible but that was pretty difficult seeing as my apartment was a little bigger than a shoe box.

Personally, I was frozen. Shocked, and trying to put together why 3 men I’ve never seen in my life just kicked down my front door. So much for the deadbolt. Maybe if my mind would stop running at a thousand miles a minute I would be able to process what they were yelling about, but all I could think of was I would feel much safer if Caeden was here.

“…leave now!” One of the men shouted. He was a bit on the short side, not much taller than me and had black hair and brown eyes.

“I live here.” I mumbled under my breath, feeling like a child.

“Let me handle this love.” Jason said while slightly looking over his shoulder at me.

“You have no right to be here-“ Jason started to yell back but was interrupted when yet another man ran in talking to the one that was doing the most yelling.

“The alpha is almost here.” He said and the black haired one nodded. The other two men in the room looked fairly bored, ‘so sorry to disappoint’. I thought bitterly. These men had some nerve to bust into my apartment and then make it seem as though I wasn’t entertaining enough for them.

Luckily for them, in the area I lived in the neighbors wouldn’t be calling the police for fear of getting caught up in their own wrong doings.

A scent hit me like a ton of bricks, bringing me out of my thoughts. I immediately knew who it was before I saw him because I felt a strange tingling in my nostrils from the scent and I had to pull my tingling fingers into a tight fist to keep from wanting to reach out to him.

Caeden came in looking around bewildered and when his eyes landed on Jason he grew even more furious.

“Move.” He said in an even voice but the unusual power behind it combined with the chilling look he had on his face made me start to move away from Jason and I wasn’t even sure the command was for me.

I could feel Jason’s confused gaze on me but I was in some kind of trance looking at Caeden. When he moved his eyes from Jason to me, he took in what I was wearing and his heated gaze darkened. Sending a sensation through me that I can’t explain. All I know is that I wanted to touch him.

At this point everyone in the room was quiet and watching me for some reason. I was about halfway in between Jason and Caeden, eyes still intently focused on Caeden. I couldn’t understand why I was feeling this, like I was supposed to be by his side, I was supposed to defend him.

What about his fiancé? A voice in my head said making me stop in my tracks. I still couldn’t pull my eyes away from Caeden’s, now confused glance, but noise started to pick up again, causing Caeden to look away.

That was all I needed to get my focus back. I blinked a couple times and looked up to see a few of Jason’s friends, Eric, Carter, and Demetri walk in. I had met them a couple of times, but everyone besides Carter made me uncomfortable, the way they openly stared at me and made sexual comments unnerved me.