He's The Groom?!

Hello!! So here's the next chapter, I hope those of you that are reading have been enjoying it. Thank you to those who have been commenting and voting!

Dedicated to @Patsyloves2read for all of the comments and support!

Happy Reading All!

Copyright: Attrib. Non-comm. No-derivs (CC)

******************************************************************

Ch. 5

Caeden’s POV

I watched with a small smile on my face as my princess automatically gravitated to my side of the room after she and her friend exited the bathroom. I don’t even think she registered her movements until she looked up at me with a smile, blushing as though she was embarrassed. I sensed eyes on me so I looked up and noticed that the other stripper was staring daggers at me.

I was a little taken back and I was going to say something before Nate began talking.

“Ok, so we have a lot to get situated here since obviously Caeden and… I’m sorry, what’s your name?” Nate asked, I hadn’t even realized that I never asked her name, I was so excited to have met her. I turned as did everyone else waiting for her reply.

“Vanessa.” She said looking between all of us questionably, I turned away, a little embarrassed that I hadn’t bothered to ask. But at the same time my wolf was howling with joy, repeating how beautiful her name was and then going on to list everything else he found beautiful about her. I had to tune him out because obviously he wasn’t going to find a flaw.

Nate continued, “Right, well Vanessa in case you aren’t aware, Caeden here, is the groom.” She gasped and took a step away from me.

“What?! I had no idea! Now I feel so bad, Oh my God, what is your wife gonna say?!” She went on rambling and I growled a little looking at Nate annoyed that he would bring it up, even if he did have a point.

“She’s not my wife yet, and she won’t be now that I’ve met you.” I said stepping closer and reaching for her hand but she stepped away a bit, causing me a little pain that my mate didn’t want me to touch her.

“We just met, who knows how long you’ve been with your wif-fiance’” She corrected herself after seeing the look on my face. She was still getting angrier and more furious as our conversation continued.

“You’re my mate, she will understand.” I said, not even really believing what I was saying myself.

“Uhm, I highly doubt that.” Jared said looking at me curiously.

“Yea, I mean have you met Sarah lately?” Nate continued and the look that I gave them made them both take a cautious step back.

[Not helping.] I said to them through our mind link. They both subtly nodded. Vanessa’s friend looked between the three of us with a strange expression on her face.

‘See that just proves it!” Vanessa said, looking more determined by the minute.

“Vanessa, we belong together, you have to believe me.” I said pleadingly. Her eyes, flashed when I said her name, but I could tell she was a stubborn one, as she refused to let me get close enough to touch her. Us being mates, meant that if we were in contact we could feel each other’s emotions better, but also I’d be able to calm her down. She wouldn’t know that though, since she was human, but she seemed to be working on wolf instincts. This is how female mates usually acted when they didn’t want their mate to change their mind.

“I just met you Caeden! And you’re supposed to get married soon! I know I’m a stripper but that doesn’t mean I don’t have morals!” She yelled causing us all to flinch back a bit. “Is that what you’ve been thinking all this time? That because I’m a stripper that means I don’t have respect for myself or other women?!”