Human or Were?

Ok guys...so I'm not sure how you will feel about this chapter. But I promise this is all going somewhere..there is a bigger picture in this story so I'm trying to make sure that everything builds up to it. There is a lot that hasn't been explained that will be in the upcoming chapters. If you don't like this chapter please don't be rude, like I said this is all going somewhere, and this is a filler chapter.

On a brighter side there is a surprise POV in this chapter lol

Happy Reading all!

Copyright: Attrib. Non-comm. No-derivs (CC)

________________________________________________________

                                                             Ch. 8

 Caeden's POV

I opened my eyes, feeling the tense atmosphere in the room. When I looked up, Nate was cradling a passed out Vanessa to his chest, bridal style. Giving me the look of the century. It was kind of a mix between ‘Holy shit’ and ‘What-the-fuck-is-wrong-with-you’.

“What the fuck happened?” Nate asked. I didn’t reply, simply nodding my huge wolf head, gesturing to the crowd that was standing around looking at Vanessa in shock. Nate caught on and shouted to the onlookers to leave. I should have been the one to yell orders but I wasn’t in the right mind frame right now.

My wolf wouldn’t even give me control to calm down enough to switch back to human form and check on our mate. All he wanted was to hunt Jason down, and rip him limb from limb.

I was still pacing the floor in wolf form when everyone finally cleared the area and that left me, Nate and a passed out Vanessa. She looked like a goddess even passed out. Her long black hair was flowing in waves over one of Nate’s arms. Her features were so soft and delicate, yet exotic looking. But she looked really pale. My wolf eyes kept zooming in on her gauzed neck.

“So, do you want to tell me what’s going on?” Nate asked, and so I recited everything to him that he missed out on, through the mind link. When I was finished he stood there slightly open mouthed. While he was taking everything in I noticed a faint, familiar scent on him, but before I could register it properly he began talking.

“So…the rogue tried to mark your mate? But why would he do that, I mean we all have mates out there, it’s got to be more than that. Vanessa’s human for that matter, what could he possibly gain from mating her?” He said looking at me as if he was trying to put something together.

I instantly stopped pacing. My wolf never gave me time to situate why someone would be going this far out of their way when they knew there human girlfriend had a mate. Why would he be going through the trouble?

‘Look, take Vanessa up to my room. Judging by the bags under her eyes I’m assuming she hasn’t gotten any sleep. She must be exhausted so she’ll probably be out for awhile. I’m gonna go for a quick run, because my wolf is still pretty angry and he’s clouding a lot of my common sense.’ I said to Nate through the link.

He nodded and walked passed me to the elevator, and I headed through, the living room, dining room, and live-in room, (basically a second living room.) Until I got to the back door, I let my wolf take over and enjoyed the fresh breeze blowing through my silky mixed fur. And the grass beneath my large paws.

***************************************************

I was hastily running back to the pack house as if my paws were on fire. After I had been running for over an hour, and entertained my wolf’s thoughts of a plan on getting rid of this Jason kid, my head started to clear as my wolf started to calm down. So I had finally realized my mistake.