five

mia unlocked and opened the front door, flicking in the lights before walking through the store, cynthia walking behind her, looking around the store, memories flooding back to her.

"it still looks the exact same." cynthia said, smiling at the posters that decorate the roof.

"i couldn't bring myself to change anything, dad loved it like this." mia stated.

mia chucked her bag behind the counter before sitting in the seat, watching as her mother walked around the store.

"i was thinking we could have lunch today at the café around the corner." cynthia said, looking over to mia.

"i have a store to run." mia said as she pulled out a magazine from under the counter.

"i'm sure you can just put up a sign saying you'll be back soon." cynthia said as she walked up to mia, and mia simply shrugged.

"i guess so." mia said simply.

the bell at the front of the store rung, signalling that someone had entered the store.

mia smiled as she recognised the familiar long brown hair and flannel shirt.

"hey sammy!" mia called out, smiling at her new friend.

"hi mysterious record store owner." sammy said, smiling over to mia, before browsing around for records.

"looking for anything in particular?" mia asked sammy as cynthia walked into the back room, examining the place some more.

"maybe some fleet foxes?" sammy asked, looking around the store to see the name pop up.

"it's back corner at the top." mia explained, pointing to the side of the room, "behind bruno major." she added as sammy walked over.

sammy flicked through the fleet foxes albums, eventually finding the album he wanted, though he looked down to the blue coloured bruno major album 'a song for every moon.'

sammy picked up the record and flipped it around, reading the back.

"is he good?" sammy asked as he held up the bruno major album high for mia to see.

"personally, i love that album." mia answered, and sammy smiled, putting the record under his shoulder along with the other.

sammy walked up to the counter and placed the two records on the glass.

"you've got taste sammy, i'll admit that." mia said as she scanned both the records barcodes.

"i try." sammy said as chuckled lightly.

"just fifty dollars for those two." mia stated, and sammy pulled out his wallet, handing mia a crisp fifty dollar bill.

mia put the money in the cash register and then printed out the receipt, handing it to sammy along with the two records.

sammy stood there for a moment, looking into mia's eyes, leaving her awkwardly sitting in her seat, wondering what is so interesting about her that makes him look deep into her eyes.

"your eyes have a bit of blue in them," sammy stated, "from a distance it looks like your eyes are green."

mia smiled awkwardly, "thanks?" she said, unsure of what to say.

sammy chuckled nervously.

"i'll see you tomorrow?" mia asked, trying to break the awkward silence.

"yeah, yeah. of course you will." sammy said, smiling over to mia, before slowly turning around and walking through the store to the front door.

"bye sammy!" mia called out as he opened the front door, and he smiled over to her for the millionth time this morning.

"bye mysterious record store owner." he called back, before pushing the front door open and stepping out onto the sidewalk.

cynthia came back into view, smirking at her daughter.

"what?" mia asked as she looked at her mother confusingly, before opening her magazine to where she were just reading moments ago.

"he's cute." cynthia stated.

"yeah, i guess he is, isn't he?" mia asked, smiling like a little girl.