eleven

mia sat on her front porch steps as she waited for josh to arrive, and soon enough, a white jeep slowly rolled up and josh's face lit up as he saw mia approached.

"hi." mia said as she climbed into his car and buckled herself up.

"how are you?" josh asked.

"good, and you?" mia asked.

"i'm amazing." josh said happily, smiling over to mia brightly.

"where are we going to today?" mia asked as he began to drive off.

"surprise." josh said, watching the road ahead of him, a bright smile evident on his face.

"alright." mia said, watching him suspiciously.

after a few minutes of a comfortable silence with the windows down, mia and josh arrive at a bowling alley.

before mia could even open her door, josh sped around the car and opened it for her.

"such a gentleman." mia said, and he bowed to her, which made her giggle like a little girl.

"so this is the surprise?" mia asked as she and josh walked to the entrance.

"yep." josh said.

"i certainly didn't expect it." mia said.

the two walked in the front doors and went to the counter where they got their bowling shoes and josh payed for two rounds, despite mia wanting to chip in.

the two put their bowling shoes on, chose their bowling balls and went to their designated lane.

"are you ready?" mia asked, weighing the ball in her hands and josh furrowed his eyebrows.

"for what?" josh asked.

"to get absolute demolished." mia stated as she turned around and walked up to the lane, pulling her arm back and throwing it forward, letting go of the ball, and instead of watching it move down the lane, she simply turn around and wait to hear all the pins fall to the ground before walking to josh who had a shocked expression on his face.

"striiiiiikeeeeeee!" the little man on the tv screen above them called out.

"wh-what?" josh said as he slowly stood up and mia took his seat.

josh picked up his ball and walked up to the lane, before throwing the ball down the lane, it completely missing and instead going down the gutter on the sides.

josh embarrassingly turned around and got his other ball, before throwing it down the lane and watching as it hit half the pins on the lane.

"well i'll give an a for effort." mia said, and josh covered his face with his hands in embarrassment.

the two continued to play their match, mia winning the first game by forty points, and then winning the second again by twenty, josh upping his game in the second match.

mia then grabbed josh's hand once they returned their shoes and put their own shoes back on, and then ran to the arcade.

josh smiled as he noticed that a small husky teddy had caught mia's eye, and decided to go to the claw machine to try and win it.

mia followed him, and watched as he put a note in and began to try to claw the teddy.

it must have been a good five minutes and fifty dollars before josh finally won the teddy, although mia said that he shouldn't be spending so much money on a claw machine.

josh turned to mia and gave her the small husky teddy.

she smiled up to josh happily and hugged him tightly, kissing his cheek before looking back to the teddy and holding it tightly in her arms.