eight

mia slowly awoke, being comforted by josh's arms wrapped protectively around her.

light flooded the room through the curtains, making mia quickly realise it was day, and her mother would surely enough be home or be home soon.

mia tried her best to slide her way out of josh's embrace, but his grip only tightened.

after a few minutes of just laying there, staring at the roof mia finally managed to slip out of josh's arms and quietly get off his creaky bed.

mia noticed a notepad and pen on his bedside table, and wrote him a little message,

i had a great time with you yesterday,
text me x
- mia :)

mia then took one last look at josh, him still in a peaceful sleep despite the amount of sunlight pouring into the room.

mia took her phone off the bedside table and crept through the room, opening his door then closing it behind her, making as little noise as possible.

as mia turned around, she jumped at the sight of jake behind her, towel around his waist and hair soaking wet.

"leaving so soon?" jake asked her, hands on his hips, and mia gulped as she tried her best not to look down at his slightly toned body.

"yeah, i have to go to work and my mum will be expecting me at home." mia explained, and jake nodded knowingly.

"you can't even stay for breakfast?" jake then asked, "i make great pancakes." he then teased.

mia sighed, she always liked a good batch of pancakes coated with maple syrup.

"alright." mia said, and jake smiled.

"i'll meet you downstairs, just gotta get dressed." jake said, and mia nodded, parting from jake as she walked downstairs and he to his bedroom.

after a few minutes of sitting on a stool next to the kitchen bench, jake entered the room.

he was wearing jeans and a button up white shirt, his long hair still damp.

"can i help you at all?" mia asked as she watched him get out ingredients.

"you're my guest, simply just sit and watch me work my magic." jake said, and mia laughed.

"that's probably best, yesterday i accidental ended up flicking some cookie mixture on josh and it escalated." mia explained and jake chuckled.

"i'm glad that josh has met you." jake stated simply as he poured mixture onto the heated pan.

"why's that?" mia asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"he just seems so much happier than usual." jake said, "not to say that he isn't happy, because he always is, but i can tell you have quite the affect on him." he then explained.

mia smiled warmly at the thought of josh being happier because of her.

"and he's started writing more lyrics, which i can only assume is about you." jake stated.