fifteen

it was like he walked in slow mo when he entered the store, his hair blowing back, his smile growing wider as he looked over to her.

sammy then ran through the store to mia, zigzagging through the aisle till he made it to the counter.

"hi." sammy said breathlessly, his bright smile still visible.

mia smiled, "hi." she said, still picturing the events on the night before.

"i have news." sammy revealed, and mia sat upright in her seat, nodding her head for him to go on.

"we're going camping for a few days." sammy said, "me, danny, jake, josh and even my sister ronnie is coming."

"that sounds like fun." mia said, slightly disappointed that she doesn't have an opportunity to spend more time with the boys and to meet their sister, ronnie.

"come with us." sammy then asked suddenly, taking mia's hands into his own and holding them delicately.

"oh... i don't know." mia said, know thinking that she may be intruding on their trip.

"pleaseeeee!" sammy pleaded, jumping up and down on the spot.

"i can't leave the shop!" mia protested, and sammy simply rolled his eyes.

"mia, you can and you will." he stated simply.

this was true, because mia had earned a decent amount of money over the week to leave the shop closed for a few days.

"fine." mia said and sammy happily ran around the counter and engulfed her in a warm hug.

"when are we leaving?" mia asked as she pulled away, not wanting to have to get too close to sammy considering the events of the night before.

"tomorrow morning." sammy stated simply.

"tomorrow morning?!" mia exclaimed.

sammy nodded, "we're leaving at 7:00am to be exact." he said.

"did you guys plan this last minute or something?" mia asked.

"yeah, something like that." sammy said, shoving his hands in his jean pockets.

"okay, i'll be at yours around 6:45am then." mia stated and sammy nodded.

"i'm excited to spend more time with you." sammy said, slowly walking backwards.

mia gulped before smiling awkwardly.

"i'm excited too." mia said without thinking, and sammy's face lit up.

"i always thought i would be third to josh and jake in these sort of things, but you proved me otherwise." sammy said, before turning around and walking out of the store, a skip in his step.

mia then rested her face in her hands, groaning.

whatever was between mia and sammy didn't feel like it would last forever, it felt temporary.

but what mia felt for josh definitely did not feel temporary.

and as much as mia would want to be with sammy because of how well he treats her, she knows she just wouldn't love him the same.

josh on the other hand...