Chapter 1

Sometimes it was hard to concentrate when Lady Dimitrescu was in the same room as me, when I see her sitting at her vanity in my peripheral vision while I made her bed or when she's in her study leaning over some papers, I get nervous in her presence. She makes me blush with just a glance towards my direction and I couldn't focus on my work anymore. Today was no difference, she sat at her vanity, and I stitched a cut in her dress, some other careless maid stepped on Lady Dimitrescu's dress, and it ripped. I was annoyed that someone destroyed the dress of my Lady, but Lady Dimitrescu told me she would just bring it to her seamstress, but I shook my head and took the dress out of her hand. She sighed but smiled at me, her hand on my cheek for a few seconds. I was nervous as hell, but I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't hear her calling me. "Pet!" "Pet!" "LILITH" she yelled, and I snapped out of my thoughts, looking in her direction with wide eyes. "Yes, my lady?" I asked with trembling hands, putting the dress in my lap, she shook her head. "Ah! There you are, where were you with your thoughts pet?" she asked me with a smirk, and I huffed. The name she called me was annoying , but I had to get over it somehow or she will kill me I'm sure of it. "Well?" she asked again and arched a brow. That was a warning! I huffed again and mumbled "At first I thought about Charlotte, how stupid she was to step on your dress and then I thought about my parents, they were always against my decision to work here, but we needed the money and they're ill. I wondered how they are doing, I haven't seen them since" I huffed and thought about it a minute, my eyes found hers and I asked, "how long am I here now my Lady?" The question made Lady Dimitrescu tilt her head and she stared deeply in my eyes. "I would say a year now pet" she answered and one of her fingers drew a line over her lower lip.

Flashback

"No Lilith! I won't allow it!" father screamed at me and coughed, holding a handkerchief in front of his mouth, blood splattered into the handkerchief. My mother laid in bed, coughing too, and shaking. She looked at me with sad and weak eyes and pleaded me not to go. "I have to, father! We need the money and you two are ill. We need the money to get you two healthy again. I can't live with the thought of not doing anything to help you!" I screamed back at him with tears streaming down my face. "Please Lilith, don't go to these monsters! They will kill you" my mother cried and tried to stand up. I rushed towards her and gently pushed her down again "Don't mother, please stay in bed. You are weak, and I need you two to get better. There is no other chance for us if I don't work in the castle, Lady Dimitrescu will help us. Well, her money will help us, and I will come back, I promise. Who knows maybe they're not that bad!" My mother brushed the tears off my cheeks and kissed one. "Please come back to us" my mother whispered, and I nodded "I will mother."

Flashback ends

"Do you want to visit your parents?" she askedme, and my eyes widened. The question shocked me, and my eyes met hers again.It wasn't unusual anymore that the Lady of the House was caring towards me, butit shocks me every time. "Yes, I really like to see them!" I jumped up and rantowards her, my hands grabbed hers, but the moment I grabbed them I pulled awaywith wide eyes, realizing what I had done. "I'm so, so sorry Mistress" Istuttered and looked to the floor, fearing for the worst. My anxiety kicked inand tears streamed down my face and my entire body shook with fear. LadyDimitrescu placed a finger under my chin and lifted it up, now my eyes lockedwith hers and she caressed my cheeks while brushing the tears away with herthumb. My body stopped shaking and I leaned into her touch. "Okay, I will giveyou a day off tomorrow and you can visit your parents" Lady Dimitrescuwhispered and stared at my neck for a second and quickly looked up again, but Isaw it. "Are you hungry Mistress?" I asked her and she nodded, while I tiltedmy head to expose more of my neck. It was the first time the Lady would feedfrom me, and I felt how anxious I got. I felt her warm breath on my neck andgoosebumps formed on my skin, she placed one of her hands directly on my hairand caressed it. Her sharp nails opened my skin, and she placed her mouth overthe wound. It hurt at first, but when she began to suck, the pain subsided. LadyDimitrescu moaned at the taste of my blood, and brushed her fingers through mydark curly hair, but my anxiety grew the more blood she drank, it got evenworse, and I fainted, I was afraid that I was going to die from the blood loss.