Chapter 17

Time flew by like nothing, it was summer now and Alcina and me were engaged since Christmas eve. The girls screamed so loud the moment Alcina made the proposal and Bela even fainted. It was such a wonderful night with the Dimitrescu women, and I cried so hard. We heard nothing from Mother Miranda anymore, maybe she noticed that she couldn't change someone's feelings. The other Lords wrote congratulation letters when they heard the news. They accepted me in their family and Donna suggested someday even that I should be the fifth lord now, after I turned into an immortal too. Alcina and I smiled at that and thought about it, but I was happy with my life the way it was now, and the other Lords accepted my wish. The girls were busy planning the wedding and making final decisions.

One evening they sat together with us and showed what they planned. It was beautiful, they had everything planned. The wedding would be in summer, and it was arranged to be a black wedding. That means, everything will get the color black with blood red highlights, and it suited me and Alcina so much. The three sisters even planned our dresses, and they were so beautiful.

The day the wedding was arrived faster than we thought, and I sat in my former room and was nervous as hell. The maids were running around finishing the last things for the wedding and Bela was with me to get me ready. "Do you know of what that reminds me?" she asked me when she styled me hair. I shook my head biting my finger, but Bela slapped my hand to stop me. "The day you and Mother had your dinner alone" Bela smiled and finished my hair. She hugged me from behind and placed her chin on my shoulder. We looked at each other through the mirror and I touched her cheek. "I know which day you mean; it feels like it was just yesterday and now we are here. Moments before your mother and me finally say yes to each other." Bela had tears in her eyes, and I turned around to her. "Don't cry my sweet" I whispered and brushed the tears away. "You look so beautiful Mama" Bela whispered, and I kissed her forehead. We hugged and we heard Cassandra shouting from across the castle in the courtyard "IT'S TIME!" Bela and I laughed and made our way to the courtyard. I stopped before the door and looked out the window. A gasp left my mouth and tears streamed down my face. I saw Alcina standing in the middle of the courtyard talking to Daniela and fumbling nervously with her fingers. I could sense her nervous heartbeat and it was like she could sense mine to because she stopped her conversation with Daniela and looked in my direction, she couldn't see me, but she knew I was there and smiled. Alcina wiped her eyes with a handkerchief and Daniela hugged her before the Duke started to play the piano. How this man could fit in front of a piano I will never know.

"Ready?" Bela asked me and held her arm out for me to held onto it. I nodded and took another deep breath. The door opened before us, and the sun highlighted everything so beautifully. Alcina's dress sparkled in the sunlight light stars in the night sky and I felt the tears streaming down my face. I was so happy. Depression and anxiety long forgotten, since Alcina and the girls were officially part of my life. When I looked at Alcina someone behind her caught my eyes. I gasped and stopped walking when I noticed who it was. Bela looked at me and then at whoever I was looking for. "It's okay, she apologized for what she did and offered to lead through the ceremony. She changed I can feel it" Bela whispered and nudged my shoulder. My eyes never left Mother Miranda, only when I reached Alcina, and her hand caressed my cheek. She looked at me with so much love in her eyes that a new set of tears streamed down my face. Alcina brushed them away and whispered in my ear "I love you so much, you look absolutely breathtaking!" "You too my love" I whispered back and kissed her wrist. We turned to Mother Miranda, and she smiled at us. She started the ceremony with a huge apologize what she did to me and continued. When she ended her speech with the traditional "You may kiss the bride!" Alcina kissed me deeply and a moan slipped out of my mouth when she bit my lip. "I love you so much floarea mea mica" she whispered and kissed me again. I smiled at her, touched her cheek, and whispered the words Bela taught me "I love you too inima mea!"