Chapter 10

When I woke up something was different, it was cold and there was something on my wrist. I laid on an operation table and a white light blended me. "Where am I" I whispered to myself and pulled my wrist up, but they didn't move. I had handcuffs on my wrist, and I tried to look around, when my eyes locked on a figure hiding in the shadows. "Who's there?" I yelled and the figure laughed, and a cold shower ran down my body and goosebumps formed on my skin. "Mother Miranda?" I gasped with wide eyes, and she laughed again. "That's right little mouse! You're in my laboratory now. I saw how Alcina, and you look at each other and I can't tolerate that, I need her loyalty and you're a disturbance. " She held a syringe in her hand and smiled wickedly at me while she stepped closer to the table I laid on. "What are you doing Mother Miranda? I don't know what you're talking about, Alcina will never have feelings for me! I'm just a maid nothing more" I whined, and she laughed again, stupid bitch. "Pathetic, you can't even see what's right in front of you, that stupid woman is head over heels for you and you haven't even noticed!" My eyes widened at her words, could it be true? Does Alcina has feelings for me? Mother Miranda came closer and grabbed my head, she pulled it to the side and injects the syringe in my neck, "I really hope the cadou will make a Lycan out of you or kills you!" "You maniac" I screamed and already felt the pain cursing through my body. My whole body arched from the operation table, and I screamed so loud it hurt in my ears. It felt like my heart would explode any minute and then everything went black.

A few days passed and I was still in Mother Miranda's laboratory. She threw me into a cell, and I laid there half unconscious, hoping I would die. The cadou didn't turned me into a Lycan and hasn't killed me but something was definitely wrong. I felt weak and I'm not strong to even keep my eyes open. My eyes were closed when something exploded a few rooms further. There was screaming and growling, I wanted to sit up and look what's going on, but I couldn't. My body was too weak, Mother Miranda refused to give me something to eat, and I lost count how many days I was in this prison. "Lilith!" Was that my name? Was someone screaming my name? "Lilith?!" There it was again, it sounded like Alcina, but I wasn't sure. "Alcina?" I whispered back and the door at the other end of the room smashed open and hit the wall. "There you are!" My eyes focused on the figure in the doorframe and a silent gasp left my mouth. Tears streamed down my face and Alcina ripped the door from the cell out of its frame. "Floarea mea mica!" She whispered and studied me for a moment. Her eyes grew wide when she saw the condition I was in and hoisted me up in her arms. Mother Miranda came into the room. "No, I won't allow that you take her with you!" she screamed at Alcina. "Get out of my way Mother! Or I will kill you and you can't stop me this time!" Mother Miranda spread her wings out and her magic darkened the room. Alcina extracted her claws and held me tighter with her free hand, but my hand on her cheek stopped her. It was a light touch, but she noticed it and looked down to me. "No!" I whispered, "home!" "As you wish my love" she whispered back and threw Mother Miranda out of the way. She hit the shelf in the corner and fell to the ground with a groan, Alcina walked out, and I lost my consciousness.