Chapter 13

"How are you feeling my love?" "I'm feeling very good, your blood was delicious!" "Good, do you think you're strong enough to go for a walk with me? I think the girls would be delighted to see you out of this room!" I nodded and she helped me to get out of bed, we walked towards the library and when we passed the windows I looked out and saw that it had snowed, and the courtyard was covered with snow. "It's so beautiful" I whispered and touched the glass. "Maybe we can take a walk later today or tomorrow" Alcina suggested. "Yes that would be great, but we don't need to rush this, we have all the time in the world now!" A hand landed on my shoulder, and I looked up at Alcina, she has tears in her eyes, and I touched her lower back. I got taller after the cadou; I could never reach her back, but now I was nearly eyelevel with her bellybutton. "What's wrong love?" I asked her and she touched my cheek. "Nothing, just you! I love you" She tilted my chin up and leaned down to kiss me. I sighed and smiled into the kiss, but I took her hand and walked with her into the library. I could sense the girls in there, but something was off. It felt like they tried to hide something or someone. "What are the girls doing in there?" "You can feel it too right?" Alcina asked me and pushed me behind her, while she opened the door. "Girls? What are you doing here?" Alcina yelled loudly and her daughters squeaked in unison. "Nothing mother!" they all said but tried to hide something behind their backs. "What are you hiding?" I asked and stepped in front of Alcina. The girls screamed and rushed to me and pulled me into a hug. "You're awake" Bela screamed and cried, she kissed my cheeks and pulled me tighter to her. "Bela calm down, Lilith is okay." "You smell different" Daniela whispered and placed her head between my shoulder blades.

"What do you mean?" I asked her and touched her hair. "It's just that you don't smell like a human anymore, more like mother" Daniela whispered, and Bela and Cassandra agreed. My eyes searched for Alcina's and when I found them she smiled and nodded. "I'm no longer a human, I mean I have horns now as you can see, that's why I smell different." The girls gasped and pulled back. "What do you mean?" "Let's sit down" Alcina suggested, and we agreed with her. The girls sat down at the ground and Alcina laid in the lounge chair and pulled me on top of her. She kissed my head and the girls giggled. "Lilith isn't a human anymore like you three suggested, she's a vampire and immortal now. Mother Miranda injected her with the cadou in hope to kill her, but it backfired." "How did you know she turned into a vampire?" Bela asked us and I stopped Alcina from answering. "I tried to eat the food this morning after Daniela left, but it tasted foul and rotten. Your mother told me about the changes in my appearance, that my eyes are golden now and she suggested that I need blood." The girls looked closer at my face and gasped when they saw that my eyes were indeed golden. "So beautiful Mama" Cassandra whispered, and we both turned beet red. "Thank you sweetness" I whispered back to her and smiled. Alcina squeezed my shoulder and I looked up to her. Tears streamed down her face, and I wiped them away. "Whose blood did you drank?" Cassandra asked and her sisters had an evil smile on their lips. I coughed and looked away, blushing hard. "Mine" Alcina answered and smirked. The girls screamed and Bela asked, "So you two are dating or what?" "Your mother is courting me" I grinned, and she pinched my sides, which made me squeal. "When's the wedding?" Daniela asked and Cassandra said, "Summer of course!" She earned a smack on her head from Bela. Alcina and me arched an eyebrow, but the girls giggled and refused to say more. "What were you three hiding from us?" I asked them and their giggling stopped. "Nothing" Bela said with wide eyes. I leaned forward and growled with my fangs showing "What were you hiding?" Alcina blushed at the sound of my voice and the girls coughed. "We are planning something" Cassandra whispered and tried to avoid my eyes, but something stopped her. "Lilith what are you doing?" Alcina asked me and I pulled my gaze from Cassandra, who stumbled back and fell flat on the ground. "I didn't do anything, why?" "I couldn't look away; it was like you ordered me to not look away" Cassandra told us, and my eyes widened. "Do you think it's from the cadou?" Alcina shrugged but her proud smile told me otherwise. Her cheeks were still red, and I touched them. "Why are you so damn hot?" I thought while looking at her, and her eyes widened but she smiled at me, and I heard her voice in my head.

"Tell me more!" "You can hear my thoughts? Wait, are we communicating through our minds?" "Yes we are my love" she smirked, and the girls shouted "Hey!" We turned to them with wide eyes, and they giggled. "Get a room you two!" Daniela laughed and I nudged her shoulder, which made her laugh even more. "What were you planning?" I countered with a smirk. "We're planning your wedding" she whispered and looked down. All three of them blushed and Alcina gasped. "Leave now girls" she growled, and I looked towards her, confused. My eyebrows narrowed and I felt how the girls swarmed how, their sadness reached my heart.