Chapter 5: Training with Memories

Ugh... What is that ever so annoying noise, you wondered as you got up. Oh it's an alarm clock, it would have been really useful for Tony to show me how to use this thing. Why is it set for so early? It's only 8, surely no one is up yet. Then you remembered, training, with Strange, the Strange, who just yesterday made you fall for 40 minutes and walked in while you were dressed in nothing but a towel. How could this day get any worse? Unfortunately there were many ways it could, that you thought of, since you haven't even started training yet. Please gods let this go by fast is all you could think.

Getting ready was easy, you found some leggings and a black dry fit shirt and some adidas tennis shoes to wear, all of which you bought with Natasha and Wanda yesterday. You put your Y/H/L into a ponytail and walked out of your room to the elevator. You glanced down at your phone checking the time, 8:38 AM, I got time to get a quick drink and snack then. 

Once you made your way to the kitchen you quickly realized that most were already awake at this time, that's superheros for me I guess. Thor seemed busy enjoying his poptarts while watching some sort of sitcom. Natasha, Wanda, and Clint seemed to be arguing over some sort of red carpet look, whatever that is. Tony and Bruce were probably in the lab. Peter was probably still sleeping seeing as he was a good bit younger than everyone. Vision and Rhodey were yet to be spotted but you knew you would probably run into them later.

It was nice, this felt normal, everyone said hello as you found your way through the many food filled cabinets. You decided to make a smoothie and chug it down quickly in order to make it on time. Once that was done, you quickly cleaned up and ran off to find the training rooms. 

After running around for lord knows how long you finally found the training rooms you just inhabited yesterday with Natasha and Bucky. There he was. Stephen Strange. He looked different in his red clothes compared to the blue robes he had on all of yesterday. You silently said a quick prayer that he would not be nearly as annoying and made your way over.

"Well if it isn't Y/N Y/L/N" Strange said.

"Hello Strange."

"Alright. To start we're going to see exactly what you can do. Then we're going to head to the Sanctum and retrieve some books so you can start memorizing some spells. Tomorrow we'll start working on your ability to control."

"Sounds bearable."

"I would hope. Let's get to work then, show me what you can do."

"You might want to back up."

Stephen raised his eyebrow at this but listened and backed away.

You started with controlling the plants, you made vines grow up from the ground and to the ceiling. Then you started with the wind and made it pick up strength till you were almost knocked back. Then came the water which you made spurt from your hands and form patterns in the air and you did the same with fire.

"I can control the four basic elements. Earth, wind, fire, and water. I know that it's only to an extent but it is pretty powerful." you explained.

"Impressive." Strange said. "How long have you had control over it?"

"Always."

"Normally people with those skill sets would take years to master it, you have to be powerful if you can do that. Anything else?"

"I can heal small cuts and punctures, nothing major like gunshot wounds or broken bones, but any sort of healing is enough. I also have some ability to see memories if I touch someone. Also under the right conditions and only with certain people, I'm able to communicate telepathically."

"Can I see the memory one? I've never quite heard of anyone with that before."

"Come here then." You sighed. "I have to warn you that it tends to pick the most gruesome ones."

"I need to see it."

"Don't say I didn't warn you then." With that you grabbed his hand, and then it was dark.

Light began to shine. You were in a car traveling down the road, you looked over to see a man driving. Strange, you thought.  Then the car started to move and you realized that you were passing another car, the man was distracted by his phone, and then you crashed. It was horrific. The car went over the side of a cliff, you saw Strange's hands crash into the dashboard. 

Then you were in a hospital. You saw a man on a bed with pins sticking out of his hands, they were all bandaged up as well. What the hell, have you been through Strange? 

You were at therapy. Strange giving up. Hearing about a man who learned to walk again. 

You saw it all. 

You knew you regretted being so rude to him. This man was so broken, he was just doing his job. Sure, he was annoying at times, but he was only trying to help.

You woke up with tears streaming down your face. You looked at Strange. He was trembling, not just his hands. You never had noticed his hands before this. He had tears sliding down his face as well.

"I'm sorry." you mumbled.

"Don't be. It was my fault. I should have paid attention."

"Strange, I really am sorry. I didn't realize what you had been through, I thought you were just some random asshole born with this ability."

"It's fine. I know I can seem that way."

"Friends?"

"Friends. Y/L/N? Why don't we just head to the library now, I think I've had enough of that."

"Me too. Strange? Just call me Y/N."

"Only if you call me Stephen."

"Deal. Can I ask though, what is up with the cloak?"

"It's a relic. It's called the Cloak of Levitation. I didn't exactly want it, it kinda chose me." Then completely unexpectedly the cloak whacked him on the chest.

"God my life is weird." you mumbled to yourself. 

With that settled you walked through the portal to the famous New York Sanctum's library with your new friend. 

AN: Bonding experience through trauma and Cloakey supremacy! Whoo! Y'all are friends now! As I'm writing this it's currently 2 AM and I'm chilling with my lizard with the shit-ton of homework I have to do